Chapter 13

Nixie was talking nonstop, like she was not half her companion's age like they were long-time best friends, and like the girl she was talking to wouldn't possibly die in a couple of days from now.

The stylist and tribute were linked arm to arm while waiting for the elevator.

By now, Mira has grown a little accustomed to the high-pitched accents the people in the Capitol use, thanks to Lassie and Nixie. And the brunette was too nice and polite to say anything, she just listened to Nixie's blabbers, about the current fashion trends to the color of her dog's fur.

All she did was stand there in her flimsy costume, listening and waiting patiently, replying when she was being asked to.

The elevator dinged open and the pair stepped in. But before the glass doors closed, a hand stopped it, specifically Finnick Odair's hand.

Mira could have seen Finnick before he stopped the elevator from closing because you could see right through it. But she was too preoccupied with her glittery shoes and Nixie's nonstop chatter to notice him even approaching.

Finnick stepped into the elevator positioning himself next to Mira so that she was in the middle, and brushed his already messy hair.

"Oh, Finnick dear, so glad of you to join us. Where have you been to?" Nixie asked teasingly, wiggling her wavy, cyan eyebrows.

Nixie's question intrigued Mira, so she peeked at her mentor standing next to her.

"Got sponsors.", was his short reply.

Mira tried her best to observe her mentor discreetly and noticed that he was wearing a jacket that wasn't zippered, and inside of that was a messily buttoned shirt, looking almost as if it was not ironed, his hair was messy in a sexy way, his lips were a little swollen and what made her eyes widen were the noticeably red marks on his neck that made her concerned.

"What happened to your neck? Are you fine?" Mira's innocent question made Nixie stop talking and break into a fit of laughter.

Finnick was about to reply when the open door saved him from further embarrassment.

"Oh, such an innocent pearl. I love it!" Nixie says in between giggles, as she strutted out first leaving the two alone in the elevator, probably to tell the others about what just happened.

The teenage girl was about to follow suit, but a hand stopped her from further walking. And not being used to heels, she tumbled onto the 18-year-old's chest.

Realizing the inappropriateness of the situation, she instantly pushed herself off, almost stumbling again the second time.

Finnick chuckled at the young girl in front of him who was now red as a tomato and reached forward making Mira step back. Finnick grinned in amusement, making his dimples pop out. He extended his hand again, but instead of reaching to the wide-eyed girl, his hand passed her, brushing into her skin making her falter just a bit and close her eyes.

Then he heard the elevator close.

She whipped her head watching the glass doors close for the second time, her hair hitting Finnick's chest.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked, facing his green orbs that were filled with mischief.

"Showing you a good time." He answers placing his arms behind his back and smiling innocently at his companion. Not a second later, the glass doors open, revealing a dome-shaped room with a big glass door.

Mira was flabbergasted at the view as she automatically stepped out of the elevator, admiring everything around her until she found herself opening the big glass doors that led outside.