Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Okay, so how are we planning on getting this wedding done?"

Ji-eun sighed and sat down slowly on padding set down on the floor. "I don't know. None of my brothers are married, I am the only one who has wed. My own wedding was planned by my grandmother. She and I discussed much before I left, and sent this alone with me," she lifted a scroll of paper from her robe and set it down on the small carved table set between herself and the other princess. "It has to be on a grand scale, of course. There will have to be invites sent out to neighboring countries and we'll need new hanboks as well. We have a large budget, this shouldn't be a problem."

"Are we going to allow the public into the wedding as well?"

"..." Ji-eun glanced down at her paper, then back up at the girl sitting across from her. "I think we should leave that up to my brother and your cousin."

"Leave it up to them? These days they can't agree on anything. Can hardly sit through a meal without my punk of a cousin making a big deal about something," she glanced at Ji-eun, sympathy clearly clouding her eyes. "My cousin is set on making your brother's life living hell. I apologize on his behalf, it's just that..." Jeongyeon stared down at the ground. "He always thought that he'd marry some beautiful princess and finally be able to rule this country without Master Kang, and have sons and daughters to fill this wonderful palace," she glanced down at her stomach and rubbed it fondly. "I guess my little star will have to play all alone for a little while."

Ji-eun was already lost in her own world of thoughts and didn't catch the last part of what she had said. Living hell? Was it really that bad? She glanced out through the open paper window. She just hoped that Min-hyung would make him feel better... knowing Minho, at this point there was little anybody could do to cheer him up.

"Should we get started?" Jeongyeon asked, standing up to get the hundreds of scrolls that had been set out for them. "We should start right away! Invites and all! It's in a month!"

Ji-eun nodded. For now, she would do this for her brother. After, she would worry about the challenges he would face.

~oOo~

Prince Jisung was ruffled to say the least. Minho's sister had seemed normal enough, his brother too. And with that Yongbok running off with Changbin... Jisung rolled his eyes. At first he had liked Yongbok. But now, seeing him with Master Seo, he was beginning to feel a deep hatred building up in his chest.

He tried to shake it off. Be happy for Changbin, who finally had some hope shining in his lost eyes. But for him... Minho was different. He couldn't... couldn't be expected to marry a man like that! The flirting before, that had all been a game! If he had married a woman and had kids and many wives like most kings, he wouldn't have minded a male companion from time to time. But... this was different. Getting married, and expected to carry out duties like this... impossible.

Captain Namjoon slowed from his turn around the corner as he spotted his prince standing lost in the hall. "Prince!" he bowed deeply, and Jisung looked up.

"Oh, Captain! It's you," he sighed in relief. "You look worried, what's happened?"

"Nothing big, Your Highness. Just something that my men are keeping a watch on."

"And what would that be?"

"There are a large number of raids by robbers occurring in the outskirts of the capital. Not too uncommon for this time of year, but there have been too many for it to be a coincidence."

Jisung frowned for a moment, before nodding. "Okay, keep your men on it. Put a small guard in each of the towns. Make sure they are trustworthy men, understood?"