Chapter 25 ( The Scam)

I was woke up startled by the pain in my head due to lack of sleep. The matter regarding Uncle Kham last night remained stuck, even in my dreams. I couldn't find any reason to comfort myself. The image of that movement told me that it was not an illusion. It is the truth that I need to accept. So I thought about it the whole night and got to sleep just a moment ago. The loud  chattering noise below woke me up suddenly.

I turned my eyes to look at Phop who was still sleeping wearily on the bed. Since it was that way I decided to walk down from the bedroom to meet the people who caused those annoying noises below and I managed to ask for the reason that brought them to the house again. 

clap clap clap

"Give an applause to the spirits hero last night."

The voice of a group of people rang out loud which caused my eyebrows to twitch. Those messages didn't mean as what they tried to convey but it was a sarcastic tone of voice and they let their real expression convey their true feelings on their faces. Whether in the eyes, scoffing at the corner of their mouths or the slight clap of their hands, everything in front  turned out to be the actions of looking for troubles rather than having good intentions.

"You people... even had to come in here, what business do you have with me?"

I responded with an unfriendly tone of voice but still tried to maintain the etiquette that is  needed. The staff members who came here now was not the same set of staffs that took us to the temples. They are the people who attacked Phop when I went unconscious. Therefore, I cannot act as if the wounds they caused to Phop never happened.

"Oh my, Khun Mew. You have such a rough tone that I can't keep going." 

" And where are you going? Don't come to look for an arguments with me. Hurry up and just get to the point."

"Hahaha. I was just joking with you a little. You took it quite seriously...well, hurry up to take a shower, get dressed and prepared yourself better because today we have to travel outside again."

" Where? The mission outside of the house is not over yet? I am actually starting to wonder if this house has ghosts at all? Why did you guys forced us to go outside a lot?"

"Whether there is ghosts in this house, I don't know. But the place that we're taking you right now, there definitely will be ghosts there. The remaining water from the nine temples hasn't been used, you see?

I didn't  know if they saw my reaction, they smiled happily at the end of their speech. Of course, the ritual of using the water from the nine temples, both of us know what it is used for. Therefore, the new place that the game forced to take us wouldn't be a safe place like the time they took us to the temples. My face showed a very shocked expression because I could not accept anything that could change my destiny once again.

"This program is cheating us quite visibly, you know?"

"Who cheated first? The evidence is still on the board. If you can't remember, then turn to look ... hurry up and go wake up your lover. Last night, the activities you did must have been quite heavy, right? That's why you didn't even know that it's in the late afternoon time already."

" Is that a mouth or something else? It is so putrid that I thought someone died in there."

"Right now there is no dead people in it. But I expect that there will be soon. This mouth of mine could take you guys to your death, you know?

"If that's so then keep it to remind yourself that. It might not lead me to my death. Don't forget that who was the closest to it? me or you?" 

" Always be this confident, ok? In case the game today will be more fun. Also, when you arrived in that place, please tried to challenge like you did last night, ok? Do you know? That it was trending  so much that I couldn't help thinking that who is the one trying to kill you?"

The evening breeze flowed with the leaves that had fallen on the ground, brought the feeling of suffering back for me again.

"Is it here?....the abandoned hospital."

Both of our legs stepped down from the car in front of a large tall building. A distinctive plus(+) sign is attached to the top layer of decaying signs. That notice could let us know that the gaming venue tonight used to be the final comforting place for those who were sick before some events caused it to become a desolate and lonely place.

After finishing the conversation with the staff members, I rushed upstairs to find Phop in order to wake him up and convey to him about the scam of this show but before I could even open the door, the bastard hurled out of the room with a somewhat displeased face. I guessed that he might have woken up for quite awhile already and he probably heard my argument with the staff members.