Blind Love

Chapter 1

I was in the back seat of my dad's truck, my mom in the front and my dad driving. As we were on the big interstate, all i saw was bright headlights and i heard chaos around me. I felt major pressure against the right side of my body, something hit me...

For Christmas, I received the biggest gift I had ever been given. My parents were smiling the moment I opened it. It was a ticket to see One Direction live in concert. I had beeen asking for this ticket forever, it seemed. I was juming up anhd down when I opened it. I couldn't stop thanking them. They knew about my love for the boys, especially for Liam.

It was now June 6, the night of the concert. I was getting ready now. My brown hair, with black highlights, was tangled and a mess. I don't really care about my apperance, but tonight I do care. I brushed it until the last ball of hair was unmatted. I then grabbed my hair tie and tied it into my now-neat hair forming a ponytail. I found my eye shadow at the bottom of my knapsack i carried everywhere, and applied a brownish shade to my lids. I put on a light lip gloss and checked myself in the mirror. I looked pretty. I have no clothes of my own, I always just borrow my brother's basketball shorts and his white T-shirts. I searched and searched for something nice to wear to the concert. I came across nothiing in my own closet, so I ventured into my parents' bedroom to look in my mom's closet. I found a pretty pink dress with lace decorations on it. It smelled of an old, musky closet. I slipped into the dress and wore my black converses with it. I then walked out the door.

I opened the creeky door to my dad's Chevy pick-up. I hopped in and sat down out of breath. " Are you ready to go, sweetheart?" asked my mom.

"Yeah, I'm really excited!" I responded.

The key was then turned in the ignition and then the truck started down the street. Millions of thoughts were running through my mind about the boys.

I started to doze off. As I was just about to fall asleep, I heard a bunch of horns and saw these bright lights. I had no time to respond. I felt major pressure against the right side of my body, something hit me...

I woke up in the local hosppital the night of my concert, all I could hear were people yelling and screaming, "Lacey!."

I tried opening my eyes, but everything was pitch black. I felt the oxygen hitting my eyeballs but I couldn't see, I screamed for my parents, but they  weren't there.

I then felt a person touch me.

 I drew back quickly, scared that i couldn't see. "Who are you?" i asked. "I'm your best friend, Meaghan!" she said laughing."It's not funny! I can't see you!" I declared. I felt tears rolling down my face.just then Meaghan started to talk but this lady cut her of. "Sweetie are you ok do you want me to get you anything?" she asked i just guessed it was te nurse. "Yeah where are my parents and why can't I see?!" I demanded. "You can't see? Oh No this isn't good....... and sweetie I regret to inform you that your parents are......wel their...their kind of.........um.......... dead." She said with i loving sort of tone.

How could my parents be dead!? I felt large tears flowing out of my eyes i tried to control them but i couldn't. i cried for about 13 minutes in silence, when finally a large booming voice spoke out. "Lacey is it?" he paused so i could nod then continued " Hello I'm Doctor Bryan, The results are showing that you are no longer paralized by the car accident that happened about precisely 7:00 PM, but you are 100% blind if I am not mistaken, I'm very sorry." He said precisely. Could this night get be any more horrible? " So thats why you couldn't see me!" Meaghan exclaimed. "H.......How long am goig to be here?" I asked. "Depends, I'd say about 3-4 weeks. But don't beworried about that just yet I think you've already had a rough night so why don't yo listen to the T.V. and try to get some rest! Goodnight!" he said and i heard his footsteps walking out of the room. I heard the T.V. come on and it was saying: 17 year old girl in a car accident! she was on her way to go to a One Direction concert when she got hit by an 18-wheeler. she survived but both of her parents driving her to the concert both tragicaly died! Its a miracle she survived!