Leon

How on earth did this happen? Oh, right, Nikki. That damn boy, forcing him to house an unwanted guest. Or was she an unwanted guest? An unexpected guest yes. Well, more like an unexpected roommate. Thank God he was smart enough not to make the guest room into a walk-in closet. Just in case someone ended up staying that was all. Of course, Leon never thought the room would be actually used, save for the occasional visitor or couple hiding away for some privacy during one of his parties. Now there was a living, breathing thing there. Plus, she was his latest assignment of all things. The only upside was that is should be easier to observe her.

A knock upon the door stirred him from sleep. Groaning, Leon shuffled to the door. "Who is insane enough to be out there?" The rain drummed against the house, it was one of those depressing cold rainy days where all you want to do is curl up in your bed, maybe a cup hot chocolate, and just stay there forever. In fact, that is exactly what Leon was doing until he was rudely disturbed.

"I know you're in there. Open up!" the muffled voice caught his attention. He knew that voice. Shuffling a bit faster he soon reached and opened the door. His cat Chance sleepily padded next to Leon. There standing before him was Nikki and a hooded figure behind him.

"What do you want? I was in the middle of catching my beauty sleep." As Leon pulled his silk robe closer to him a meow of agreement was heard by his feet.

"Oh, really? I'll come back later because you really need that beauty sleep for like another hundred years." Bit back Nikki. Scoffing Leon couldn't hide the small smirk as the figure behind Nikki whacked him upside the head for his comment.

"Come inside, you are letting the cold in." The two bodies complied, hurriedly entering the apartment.

The second Nikki's companion entered the house he spoke. "Right, down to business." Uh-oh. "Charlie needs a place to stay until she can get a job to pay for an apartment so I was wondering..." Nikki let the question hang in the air. Leon blinked a few times, his tired brain slowly processing the unfinished question.

"Why me?" was the first thing he blurted out.

"Lucy doesn't have a guest room in her home. She doesn't want to stay with her family at the moment. I kind of understand why, and the warehouse, I don't even need to explain that one." Nikki gave probably the best puppy dog eyes Leon has ever seen. But it wasn't the eyes that made him agree. No, it was the fact Nikki decided to pull this stunt at three in the morning where Leon was too damn tired to even think.

With a sigh he grumbled "Fine, she can stay."

There were many things Leon learned about his roommate of around two months. He had grown accustomed to her many odd quirks. How she talks to herself when lost in thought, how the little Five foot-five girl was all bark and bite when provoked, her thick Bronx accent made her a tad hard to understand, her mind was always chugging down the tracks. Countless times already Leon would watch as her eyes suddenly sparked as an idea lit up, bolting for anything that could write down her ideas.

The main "quirk" she had was her habit of taking off. Usually with things that were not hers. Along the way, a trail of chaos usually followed her. One particular memory comes to mind.

"CHARLIE! GIVE ME BACK THE KEYS!" Roared Nikki ,once again hot on Charlie's tail. They ducked, dodged, and weaved through the crowd of people attending Leon's neighborhood party. Heads barely even turned at the scene. Their friendship was clearly the one friend who always messes with the other until they nearly lose sanity. By the sound of it, Charlie had once again stolen the keys to Nikki's parents' car he was borrowing that night.

Leaping over a table, Charlie barely managed to yell "Leon!" before crashing into said man. No words were said; Leon smirked pulling up the table cloth for her to hide under. Both waiting for Nikki whip past them becoming lost in the crowd. Charlie popped out from her hiding spot and began chatting with her savior.

With the help of Lucy, Nikki combed through the crowed. Lucy spotted her first and pointed her out. They honed in on their target. Seconds before they could grab her, she took off. The chase began once again. At one point, Charlie stood atop a table grinning madly at the two.

"Give it back Charlie." growled Lucy.

"No." Making the move at to leap from the table to the support beam above, mid-leap Leon saw something flash in her eyes, a hint of fear perhaps? Suddenly she yelps curling into a ball landing right into their arms. The force of the fall knocked the twins off their feet. All crashing into the couch behind them. Which flipped the couch over with a groan, dumping the trio into the snack buffet behind them.

Food flew, a variety of dips splattered everywhere and people nearby dove for cover. There were startled screams and surprised cries. When all was said and done, everyone circled around the mess. Holding their breaths for the next moment.

Nikki was the first to recover from the disaster. Shaking his head clear, Nikki look at the walls and celing splattered with snacks and dip varieties. "Look guys. It's Saucy Pollock."

Everyone groaned, Leon laughed.