Leon

Had Leon been told that he would be tracking down a person and that person would be a complete asshole, he would be fine with that. If by asshole you meant someone who enjoyed jabbing thorns in your side whenever possible, no filter for their mouth or thoughts, and was as slimy as they come, he would have been fine.

"What brings you to Germany?" The taxi driver Leon was sure to be made of pure cigarette smoke quizzed.

"A girl."

"A girl? It's always a girl, isn't it?"

"For you maybe." Leon made the point to ignore the driver until they reached his destination. It was some small town, someplace in Germany, somewhere on Earth. He did not really care.

"So...why after this girl? Huh? Was she your sweetheart while you were deployed here at some point?" Once again, the driver attempted to make conversation.

"She's anything but a sweetheart. She's more like the asshole who comes and goes as she pleases. Doesn't comeback until someone tries to drag her back by the hair. Even then you have to watch her because she'll cut her hair without a thought." A sigh escapes the blonde staring at his reflection in the window. He has not needed to drag her by the hair recently, but she still takes her damn time coming home.

"She a whore?"

"Where the fuck did that come from?"

"She just sounds like a whore that's all...she not committed, right?" At this Leon let his laughter go at the mere possibility that she is a whore and would even think of giving this man a chance.

"I'm just wondering." The driver mumbled, sinking lower into his seat dejectedly. Mood now brightened, Leon strayed his icy blue eyes to the window. Fresh rain lightly fell dampening anything it touched. Soon water trails down the window, the driver cursed switching the wipers on.

"Does it usually rain in Germany?" Leon glanced at his companion, he received nothing but a growl mixed with some muttering, "God damn Americans." did reach his ears.

How long has he been chasing this girl? A year? Damn. There were moments that she let him take her home. Leaving him a few days of rest and relaxation until he gets that all too familiar phone call that she was gone once again. Leaving behind a trail of clues to follow until he reached her. It was a mixture of Where's Waldo and owning an outdoor cat. Comes and goes as they -or in this case she- pleases, and making it a hell of a time finding her. One would think that going through this pattern for a year would soon become a boring game of cat and mouse. Thanks to how every clue is placed, where she runs off to, and how he always sees the world each time prevented such a thing from happening.

"Why Germany of all places?" under his breath Leon wondered. This was the first time she ever traveled out of the U.S., not including the time she camped out right inside the Canadian border. The blur of trees, shrubs, and the occasional wild animal, rudely stopped. Dull, grey buildings filled his vison. People littered the sidewalks hugging their jackets or umbrellas closer in pitiful attempts to block out the rain. He has finally reached the town.

"This is your stop." Pulling over the cab screeched to a halt right next to a deep puddle. Peering out, Leon searched for the hotel sign he booked at, it was nowhere in sight.

"No."

"Yes. It-it's right there, the sign see? It reads Godrick Fellows & Co. Hotel." The cab driver gestured to a random building not far from the taxi cab.

"I know German, that's a strip club. Miss Valvaliine's Risqué Ballet Club to be exact." The man grunted, lighting a cigar not bothering to open the windows before roughly shoving Leon out the cab. The puddle reached Leon's ankles. At least he guessed this since he managed to leap over the puddle, what he did not manage was to save his bag. A splash and the driver's smug laughter echoed in Leon's ears as he rushed for the bag.