Leon

Crickets chirped in the evening winds of November. Not far from where they laid the buzz of a party in full swing could be heard. The smell of fresh cooked meals and camp fires wafted towards them by the wind. All was peaceful, no stress of the day weighing down upon them, away from the pressures of society, never having to worry that somehow everything will go wrong. All was quiet and serene.

A slurred howl quickly followed by a blur passed by nearly trampling them along the way disturbed the rare moment. Both groaned in annoyance.

"What did Nikki get his hands on?" Charlie grunted, sitting upright staring at the afore mentioned man. Blazing his way to the center of the field yelling the whole way.

"Either a pot brownie or drunk." Propping himself up, Leon lightly brushed grass off him before helping Charlie pick a few pieces out of her hair.

"LOOK AT ALL THESE FIREFLIES GETTING LAID!" Nikki swung his arms out and collapsed spread eagle in the center of the field. Barely thirty seconds later his snores cold be heard.

"Drunk." Leon and Charlie concluded.

"C'mon let's get him before we're so wasted we don't remember we exist." Leon grunted as he got up.

"Or remember he exists." Charlie added following Leon down the hill to the unconscious boy. Upon reaching him, both had to stifle a laugh. He was sleeping like a babe. Snoring lightly, drool trailed down his cheek and pieces of grass somehow ended up in him mouth. His shirt somehow managed to be sloppily wrapped around his lead like a turban. Charlie snapped a few pictures, trying her hardest not to laugh loudly in fear she may awaken the drunken boy. Though there was a low chance of that happening.

Leon groaned when he lifted Nikki. "I swear, do people just become potato sacks the second alcohol enters their system? I don't ever remember Nikki being this heavy."

Charlie laughed at his words. Spinning around to face him, Leon saw her phone out recording everything. Leading the way to the party that was practically hidden from sight. All that could be seen was the faint, soft glow of the campfire among the trees. As they reached the base of the hill, Charlie paused to stare at the full moon glowing brightly in the sky.

"Do you know that this moon is called?" she asked quietly. Leon reached her side, carefully placing Nikki upon the ground before sitting down, Charlie following his stead.

"Um, the full moon?"

"It's called the Hunter's Moon. The moon is so bright that hunters can use the light to hunt without needing fake light. It's why I don't have my flashlight on." She whispered beaming up at the moon in awe. She then made her phone face the moon, trying to focus the camera on the glowing dot in the sky. For a few minutes, Leon watched as she stuck her tongue as if that would aid her endeavor to get the camera working.

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what? Stick out my tongue?"

"No, record everything? Are you planning to become a journalist or something?"

Charlie looked at him with this wide smile, the excitement and wonder of a kid in a candy store shined in her eyes. A few disbelieving giggles escaped as she directed her eyes back to the field before them. Leon cocked his head sideways wondering how his words caused such a reaction. He took note how a halo of moonlight formed around her wavy blond hair, her pale skin held an eerie glow. All the girl needed was a flower crown, she could be mistaken for a forest elf and this land was her kingdom...or perhaps it was his imagination that is caused this enchanting scene.