My Blue Best Friend pt. 3

A loud groan escaped your lips as you regained your consciousness, eyes slowly opening and your position changing from laying down to sitting up. You hissed at the sudden pain you felt on your arm which was carefully wrapped in gauze. Footsteps hurried to the couch where you were sitting and Tom engulfed you in a hug, making sure to avoid your injured arm.

"Thank God you're okay!" He sighed in relief.

"How long was I out?" You asked, rubbing your head as you both pulled away.

"Not too long, just half an hour." Maddie replied as she took a seat next to you. Your eyes went wide.

"Half an hour?! Where's Sonic?! Is he okay?!" You panicked, getting up on your feet.

"H-He's fine, he's fine. He's in the kitchen." Tom answered you and so you bolted in the kitchen. Maddie turned to Tom. "Yeah she knows him too."

When you opened the door to the kitchen, you saw Jojo and Sonic. The blue hedgehog was standing on the table and more importantly, he had new shoes. They were red and white and looked very comfortable. After looking at his shoes, you made eye contact with him. God it was awkward.

Oh hell.

Suddenly, you wrapped your arms around Sonic's chest, bringing him in for a warm embrace. He hesitated for a second but then hugged you back, resting his head on top of yours.

"I'm sorry, Sonic. I never meant to hurt your feelings. I-I forgot that we were moving to San Francisco when I made that promise to you. I'm so so sorry." You apologised, burying your face in his soft furry chest. His heartbeat was fast but you thought it would be normal for a speedster like him.

Sonic exhaled through his nose, softly brushing his fingers through your hair. "Hey, it's okay. I get it. I noticed your lack of energy recently in the woods."

You pulled away from him. "You were watching me?"

"I-I admire you okay?" He blushed.

"It's cute." You giggled.

Feeling happy that the tension was over, you hugged him again which he gladly returned, holding you close to him as if you were going to disappear. None of you said anything, you both just stood there, embracing each other, enjoying each other's presence. It was nice and comfortable. Jojo watched, enjoying to see the blue creature and her friend so happy. After a minute or two, you both pulled away but stayed close.

"How's your arm?" Sonic asked softly, his eyes gazing at your bandaged arm that was slightly tinted red from your blood.

"It stings but I'll be okay." You replied.

"This is my fault." Sonic whispered as his thumb caressed the gauze. "If I escaped here sooner, you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"No way is this your fault, Sonic the Hedgehog." You scolded. "If anything, I blame Tom for shooting you."

"Okay, that's fair." You both chuckled.

"Wanna see Tom's best friend?" You suggested and his eyes narrowed at you before nodding. He jumped down and you and Jojo led him to the living room where Ozzy was sitting.

"So, you're supposed to be Tom's best friend that he won't shut up about? Well, I don't see the appeal." He grumbled upon facing the golden retriever in front of him. Ozzy then started licking his face which made him giggle. "That's very gross!"

Tom then came in with a black duffle bag. "C'mon, it's time to go." He said before he went to the green car outside. You hugged Jojo before grabbing Sonic's hand and leading him outside.