Station Break-in

It had been a while since you've been out in the field with Sonic and the others and it frustrated you how long it was taking for you to recover. Thankfully Sonic always kept you up to date with what was happening whilst you were inside the ship like when the Metarex Hellship attacked or when Tails and Cosmo were trapped in a cave. Today you felt much better, your wound seemed to have disappeared and you felt like you could go out there a fight alongside your blue boyfriend. You walked onto the bridge and heard the team discussing about finding the two remaining Chaos Emeralds in a heavily armoured Metarex fortress.

"Stop saying that it's impossible! We don't know until we try!" Knuckled argued. 

"Didn't you just see that meteorite? If they find us, they'll destroy us in an instant!" Tails retorted.

"Hey hey, you two need to cool it." Sonic interrupted the argument.

Another voice soon was heard through a monitor and everyone looked at the visor of the ship and saw a projection of Eggman. 

"This is Dr. Eggman. I'd like to make a proposal." He said.

"What kind of proposal?" Sonic asked.

"Let's work together this time." 

"What?" Everyone gasped upon hearing that. You all grouped together in a tight circle to discuss Eggman's proposal.

"This is definitely a trap!" Cream said.

"Don't be fooled again, Knuckles!" Amy snapped at the red echidna.

"I didn't say anything..." Knuckles defended with a sweatdrop.

"But it's not like we have any other choice." You said. 

"Exactly. Let's accept the trap." Sonic agreed and everyone nodded in approval. Sonic looked up before speaking to Eggman. "Okay! Let's work together Eggman!"

"What's your plan?" Chris asked.

"Sneak into the fortress using Chaos Control." Eggman said before his camera panned to show Shadow. "Here's the plan: the first team sneaks into the fortress using Chaos Control and destroys the defense system from inside. Next, the main force charges into the fortress." 

"What about the Chaos Emeralds? Are we each going to take one?" Knuckles asked.

"It'll be first come, first serve." He answered. "For the first team, Shadow and Rouge will go from our side. We want one or two of you to join this team." 

"I'll go." You said in an assured tone. 

"What?" Amy gasped. "But you haven't even fully recovered!"

"I'll be fine Amy. Besides, this is a spy's work. Sneak it, destroy the system and get out. Simple." You reassured.

"Okay then, but please be careful." 

You nodded and then looked back at the monitor to look at Eggman you grinned and nodded upon hearing your final decision. His ship came closer to the Typhoon and the ships parked next to each other, allowing passengers to cross to the other ship. You met up with Shadow and Rouge in Eggman's ship and you handed Shadow his ring bracelets.

"Huh? What's this?" Shadow asked.

"I'm giving these limiters back to you. You don't remember? Your power goes out of control, so you need these limiters to control it. But you removed them during the battle in Space Colony ARK." You explained.

"I removed them?" Shadow asked and you nodded with a kind smile on your face. 

"With these, you won't lose consciousness during battle." You finished.