Be Nice Or F*cking Leave // Pepperony

Pepper turned off the computer with a smile and began to prepare to leave the office. They had a date night with Tony today, and she still wanted to change at home. She was almost at the door when they suddenly opened abruptly, nearly knocking her out, and a man she hadn't seen in a few years entered her office.

"So it's true!" the older man barked, and she just stared at him in shock. "The last time we saw each other, you were just an assistant. These are real changes, Miss Potts. I've always admired you for dealing with Anthony, but as I see it now, all you wanted to do was get to a better position. Let's get to the point... how much you want?" he said nastily, pulling a cheque-book out of his jacket.

"Excuse me, what?" she blurted out indignantly. What did he think of himself? "Do you think you can pay me to leave my position? That's ridiculous," she laughed in his face. She never liked him. He may have been a genius and a great inventor, but she had no respect for him. Does he think he'll show up here in a few years and everyone will start dancing to his tune?

"Let's face it, you're not qualified enough to run my company," he grinned.

"It's not just your company and your son had every right to appoint me as the CEO of Stark Industries. I do a great job, so good luck with the board of directors when you will complain about me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to be somewhere else," she said coldly, walking around so she could leave the office.

Such impudence! He calmly comes to her office and starts talking about how incompetent she is. That must have seemed to her. She was so upset she didn't even look at the regulations and she drove as fast as she could to be home soon so she could tell Tony what had just happened.

"Welcome home, miss. Mr. Stark is currently in the workshop," Jarvis announced as she entered the mansion.

"Thank you, Jarvis," she thanked him and walked down the stairs, where she typed the access code at the door and went inside. "Could you?" she asked, and the loud music Tony was listening to was turned off.

"Pep! You're home!" Tony greeted her with a smile as he lifted his head from the hologram as soon as the music was turned off.

"Did you talk to your father?" she asked, walking towards him.

Tony's smile faded and his gaze slid back to the hologram. "And why would I do something like that, honey? My father is far away in Italy. I haven't known anything about him for a few years," he muttered slightly annoyed. He hated talking about his father, not even with Pepper.

Pepper was uncertain for a moment. She didn't want to bother him with it, but he should know. "Tony, your father is in the city."

"What?!" he snapped in surprise.

"He came to my office and started offering me money to leave my position-"

"I hope you said no," he interrupted.

"Of course I said no! Who do you think I am?! He won't let it be," she sighed. She knew Howard was capable of anything.

"Pep, there's nothing he can do about it. He owns only half of Stark Industries. And we did everything right. You deserve your job. Let's not let my father ruin us tonight, shall we? If I'm not mistaken, we are going to dinner tonight," he said with a small smile, but Pepper knew it bothered him too.

"I love you," she exhaled and kissed him before leaving him in the workshop alone and going to prepare for their dinner.