Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 // 𝑂𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡-𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒

Start from the beginning

Wait! What?! Like? Where did that come from?

"Just leave her alone, Ty," Lucas ordered.

"Whatever. Anyways I was going home. See you in the evening, Luke." Ty said, walking away.

Lucas looked back at me and must have noticed me wiping my tears.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Ty. He is kind of mean. But don't worry, I won't allow him to hurt you again." He said, smiling at me.

"Thank you, Lucas." I smiled back.

"How did you know my name?" He asked confused.

"Oh, that! Your mom told us the other day."

"Ohh..." He nodded in agreement. "My mom calls me Lucas. You can call me Luke, all my friends do."

"I like Lucas better," I replied coyly.

"Okay, then I want a different name for you too. Something that your friends don't call you." He said.

"My friends, actually just one friend, Samantha, calls me Rach. You can call me Rachel." I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

He must think I'm a freak. First Tyler picking on me and now me having just one friend.

I kept playing with the page I was reading when he lifted my chin, "Hey, don't be sad; having just one friend is not a bad thing. And now I'm your friend too, right?"

"You're?"

"Of course! But anyways, not Rachel, Ty just called you that."

"No, he just said it in front of you. Usually, he calls me Rae-Rae." I whispered.

"That's such a cute name. I should call you that." He smirked.

"No, please don't. I don't like it." I replied hastily.

He chuckled, "Okay. Umm...how about you tell me your full name."

"Rachel Grace Williamson," I replied confused.

He wondered for a while, and then his eyes lit up " I'll call you Grace from today. How's that?"

"But no one calls me that."

"Exactly," he sighed happily. "Come on now, let's play."

"You want to play with me?" I asked, unsure.

"Yeah! Are you doing something?" He inquired.

"No, nothing. I was just reading 'Matilda'." I showed him my book.

"Then, shall we." He offered his hand to me.

"Okay." I couldn't explain how happy I was as I took his hand and got up from my seat.

Is this what we call a meet-cute? Because it feels nice.

We walked in the direction of his house and I wondered if he was taking me to his home. But he didn't stop in front of his house and kept walking towards his backyard. I kept following him silently, nervous but excited when he stopped walking. I turned towards him to see him smiling widely at me, looking cuter. "You want to see something cool?" he asked.

"Sure."

"Come with me; It's my secret place." He said, pulling my hand.

"Your secret place?" I asked.

"Yeah, I found it the other day. No one knows about it. Not even Ty. That's why it's my secret place."