Rosa sighed heavily and said, “We have no option, Tanya, whether we hate it or we hate it, Corazon must be there on Papa's birthday.”

What else can we do? Tss. We had better prepare ready since dealing with Corazon is never easy.

CORA'S POV

I sat back in my swivel chair and says, “Tanya, please, I'm busy and I don't have time for your foolish game.”

Since our previous conversation, which was a month ago, it has been a waste of time. Pinupuntahan lang naman kasi ako ng mga ate ko to ruin my day.

My sisters constantly treat me like I'm the outcast of the family and make me feel shame. The reason why I am so envious of other sisters who support and love each other.

“I'm not playing a game with you, Cora, I'm serious, I'm here to visit you,” she responded with her best smile.

Tss. Mukha niya! Does she think I'm stupid to believe in her? Duh.

When Freiya noticed that I was looking at him as he was glumly listening behind us, he smiled. "Labas muna ako?" he mouthed. But I quickly shook my head.

Gusto kong si Tanya mismo ang magpakalat ng balita sa pamilya namin na may bago na akong boyfriend. For sure, magiging hot topic na naman nila ako.

“By the way, who is he?” Tanya asked, a smile spreading across her face as she fixed a direct gaze on Freiya.

I got up and walked over to the couch, where I sat down next to him. Halata namang nagulat siya, pero nanatili naman siyang kalmado pagkatapos. And with a hint of pride and confidence in my voice, I said, "My boyfriend."

Tumayo naman si Freiya at inilahad ang kamay niya. “I'm Jared Cuesta, Corazon's boyfriend,” pagpapakilala pa niya. Although he was able to meet her gaze gently, I could sense that he was terribly uneasy.

But, I'm not sure why Tanya's face had a strange smile on it as they shook hands. To be frank, that made me nervous.

What if she is aware of Freiya's true identity? Or maybe it was because he referred to me as Corazon?

God! Okay, I'll go with the latter!

“Such an eye-catching man. You should bring him to Papa's birthday, Cora,” she said, keeping her weird smirk. “My sister has always been ‘blessed’ when it comes to her lover," and this time, her eyes were already on me.

I hissed. That word was emphasized fervently by her. Its dual meaning was obvious to me.

But, did she say Papa's birthday? So, am I now invited? Hah! No, thanks!

Nasanay na ako na hindi dumadalo sa birthday niya. Huling beses akong dumalo ay 18 years old pa lang ako, so that's five years ago, and after that, I was already forbidden from attending his birthday party or any other family gatherings. 

“Are you kidding me? Are we even fine, Tanya? Alam mong hindi, 'di ba? So, what's the point of attending his birthday and bringing my boyfriend when he doesn't even care about me? All of you!”

I wanted to control myself, but obviously, I burst out! Kapag talaga pamilya o si Papa ang pinag-uusapan ay hindi ko nakokontrol ang emosyon ko.

“Cora!” Her brows are now knit together. “Hindi ka ba nahihiya sa mga pinagsasabi mo? At nandito pa 'yong boyfriend mo. God!” she uttered while shaking her head. I chuckled at the hint of disappointment in her voice.

Ulol! Kilala niya ako, alam niya na kapag ako ang nagsalita lahat ng gusto kong sabihin ay sinasabi ko, hindi ako nahihiya. Do I even know that word?

“I don't want to take this too long, Tanya, so cut the crap. What is really your intention for coming here?”