CHAPTER 2

SILVER'S POV

‘Netizens, I've got some exciting news for you! Cora Peters, the owner of Cora's Jewelry, recently shared a picture of herself sketching out new designs! Prepare yourself for her return!’

My Facebook news feed is flooded with Cora-related news and updates, and she's also trending on Twitter. Cora may not be an actress or model, but she is prominent around the country. Her jewelry company is well-known in the Philippines for its self-made, one-of-a-kind designs.

I kept scrolling down my news feed and seeing her pictures brought a smile to my lips. She seems to be in good shape.

I'll never forget how I fell in love with her. It all began when I found her good heart, which few people notice. And I never thought our relationship would last as long as it has, five years!

But when I reconnected with Dahlia, my first love, I was incredibly happy. I adore Cora, but I love Dahlia even more. I didn't mean to hurt Cora, but I've realized that if I let her know that I'm cheating on her, she'll end our relationship.

It really happened. My plan worked out well. However, I never saw Cora cry that night; she didn't shed a single tear! She stayed strong, and that is what I admire the most about her.

I wasn't pleased because she didn't seem to be upset by the breakup; in fact, I was to blame. Alam kong nasaktan ko siya, pero nawala na talaga ang pagmamahal ko sa kanya at kapag ipinagpatuloy ko pa iyong relasyon namin ay pareho lang kaming mahihirapan.

Yes, her fans hurl insults at me, I was cursed, and they even threatened me with death for breaking Cora's heart, but after a month, she posted a picture of herself, told everyone she's fine and begged them to stop abusing me online and personally. I'm thankful for what she did, I can finally breathe deeply. It appears that I have successfully changed her dragon side.

“Love?”

When Dahlia arrived, I switched off my laptop. I'm afraid she'll see my news stream, which is full of Cora's updates, and become jealous of her.

I sent her a welcoming smile. “So, Love, you've made your decision?” I asked.

I plan on taking her to our high school reunion on Monday. But, she advised me to consider it because she is worried that my high school mates, who are also Cora's friends, would hurt her, but I assured her that it will never happen.

She sat in the bed next to me. With a smile, she responded, "Yes! So, can we go shopping right now? I need to find some new clothes."

"Oo naman. Wait outside for me; I'll just get ready.”

She kissed me on the lips lightly. “Sure, bilisan mo,” she said cheerfully as she walked into the living room.

This is what distinguishes her from Cora. Dahlia is charming and optimistic, while Cora rarely smiles, and I could only count the number of jokes she told in a year using my fingers! Also, when the dragon inside her erupts, I'm so tired of making her happy. It's really exhausting. I assume these are the reasons why I lost interest in her.

CORA'S POV

Look who's the most ecstatic here? C-O-R-A!

I'll be walking into a comedy club for the first time, but it's not what excites me; it's wondering who will be my gay boyfriend. I'm so excited to meet him!

I was about to enter when I was stopped by a man with intimidating muscles. “Excuse me, Ma'am?” he said.

“What's going on?” Zella questioned from behind, and I simply shrugged.

“Yes?” With my left brow arched up, I stared at the man with terrifying muscles, presumably the security guard.

“Ilang taon na po kayo?” he asked, his eyes dropping on me from head to toe.

What the heck is wrong with him?

“24,” I responded, drained of all energy. I had no idea that age was a factor in this situation. It's likely that someone under the age of 18 won't be allowed inside.

“Pwede po bang tingnan ang ID ni'yo?”

“What is it for?”

“For further confirmation, Ma'am.”

“Why? Do I appear to be lying?”

“Ma'am, hindi naman sa gano'n.”

I rolled my eyes and took a photo ID from my pocket. “See? I'm 24!” With my brows knit together, I said.

“Pasensya na, Ma'am. Pwede na kayong pumasok.”

“I just have a babyface, Kuya,” I said softly, but my confidence was still evident.

“Ahh, Ma'am, kasi...” Then he looked at me from head to toe once more! Is he referring to my stature?!

“Hey!” I exclaimed to call his attention.

“Enough, Cora, let's go. There are still few more people in line behind us.” Zella has my wrist wrapped around hers, but I easily free myself.

“I'm not short-legged; your heels are simply too long!” I yelled as I dragged Zella into the comedy club.

Believe it or not, the security guard has firm muscles and yet he's wearing a high-heeled stiletto. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Indeed, it is a gay house.

“Good evening, kavaklaan!” All were welcomed by a pretty gay on stage. We're on time, the show has just begun. “Ngayong gabi ay makikita ni'yo ulit ang napaka-in-demand na si Barbie Bikobibiko!” He exclaimed, his voice brimming with vitality. “Sinong excited nang bonggang-bongga riyan?” When he asked, everyone exclaimed with enthusiasm.

It seemed that they were all eager to see that gay. He might be a good comedian.

After about five minutes, I assume, a stunning gay appeared on stage, and my jaw dropped! I'm not too far away from the stage, so I can see him clearly. He's just wearing light makeup, but his beauty shines through! Now I understand why he's so popular.

Wait, I just find it uncomfortable to use the pronoun 'he' when referring to gay people; I believe it is preferable to use 'she.' I'm not insensitive, and I believe in equality.

“Cora,” Zella called me when I was busy complimenting this gorgeous gay. “Let's now disseminate these flyers,” she added.

Oh, sh*t, I forgot that is why we are here in the first place, not to compliment gays and listen to their corny jokes.

I took a few flyers from Zella and carefully put them somewhere, as well as dropping a few on the floor, where no one would know.

I'm done after about ten minutes! Some men and women saw the flyers, but when they read what was written on it, they burst out laughing as though it was a joke. Tssss!

“Put it down; it's not for you,” I told a man who was giggling uncontrollably as he read the flyer.

“Sa'yo to galing, Miss Ganda?” With an obscene grin plastered on his damn ugly face, he checked!

Zella suddenly grabbed me out of the comedy club just as I was about to say yes. “Hey, what's the matter?” With knitted brows, I questioned.

“Muntik mo ng sabihin na ikaw 'yong gumawa ng flyers!” she exclaimed. “What if they discovered your identity? They'd certainly publicized that Corazon Peters, the owner of Cora Jewelry, is searching for a fake gay boyfriend. So, obviously, if that happened, your plan to serve Silver's worst nightmare has come to an end!” she added, her face tense.

Well, she's right. Tsk, my emotions got me swept away earlier.

I forced a smile as I said, “Tara uwi na tayo, I'm exhausted. I'm hoping a gay will call me tomorrow,” I spoke as I led the way to the car park.

I take a quick look at the one remaining flyer in my possession. And, in my mind, I said, ‘Travel, flyer, fly to the right gay, and I'm hoping she'll call me right away so we can get started on our plan.’