•10•

"Lets go!" I yell.
I down two shots in a row, then chug my beer. The best part of having a high tolerance and drinks being free, is I'm never going to stop.
"Alright come on, slow down" Tom says.
"I'm barely drunk, Thomas. Why don't you chill out and go find a girl to hook up with" I shoo him off, and he raises his brow at me.
"I would if my little sister wasn't an immature drunk." He says.
"Haz can handle me, and if all goes wrong We've got Ezra" I say. "Go have fun!"
Tom simply shakes his head at me, raising his beer to his mouth again and taking a drink. Dumb ass doesn't trust me. I mean.. I get it. I wouldn't trust me either.
I see Petra walk in and turn to Ezra.
"Hey can you go get me another drink?" I ask him.
"You have five shots right in front of you" he says.
"I know I just really need more" I say.
"Alright?.." he says, getting up and walking towards the bar, finally seeing the real reason I sent him in that direction.
"Yes! They have to talk now!" I squeal.
"Little match maker aren't you" Haz teases.
"Course!" I say, downing another shot. "I'm done sitting back here! I want to dance!"
"I definitely don't dance" he says.
"Cmon baby, pleasssee?" I ask.
"Go on with Petra" he says and I roll my eyes, knowing Petra is busy with Ezra. I stand up, walking over to the dance floor and joining in with the crowd, letting my body move the way its use to moving when I do pole. I let myself go, fully embracing the moment of no stress, just fun. Hands in my hair, hips swaying.
I look over to Haz, giving him puppy dog eyes in hopes that he'll come dance with me, to which he simply shakes his head no and downs a shot.
"Guess who got a date with Ezra!" Petra yells over the music, standing at my side.
"Yes bitch!" I yell, dancing even harder now.
Fuck Haz, Petra is more fun anyways.
"I need a drink" she says.
"Same!"
We walk through the crowd to the bar, both of us sitting on the bar stools.
I order a whiskey, while Petra orders a girly drink. That's the one key difference between us. She's a major lightweight.
The bartender hands me my whiskey and I take a drink, setting my glass down.
"Haven't seen you here before" I hear, looking up to see green eyes staring down at me.
"Because I haven't been here before" I say.
He laughs lightly, his hand resting on the bar table behind me, leaning uncomfortably close to me. Petra is far too invested in conversation with the tender to notice anything.
"Well darling you picked a great night to come" he says.
"Why's that?" I ask.
"Because I'm here" he smiles, grabbing my glass from behind me and handing it to me.
"What the fuck is wrong with you!" Haz yells, punching the guy in the face, causing him to stumble back a bit. Everyone in close proximity to us is now paying attention.
"What the fuck man? I was just talking." The guy says, standing up and straightening out his jacket.
"You just tried to fucking drug my girlfriend you piece of shit!" Haz yells, grabbing the guy by the neck and choking him. "I'll fucking kill you right here-"
"Woah let it go man. Let him go." Tom says quickly, and Haz gives him a 'What the fuck are you doing' face.
"Trust me. Let him go." Tom says sternly.
Haz reluctantly removes his hand from the guys throat.
"Thanks man" the guy says to Tom. "This guys crazy."
"Yeah now listen" Tom says a little more quietly, so only the people in our circle can hear. "You're going to walk outside with me. Right now."
I look down, seeing Tom has a gun pressed to the guys back as they start walking out.
"Oh no.." I sigh, jumping off the bar stool.
"Aria.. let him do what he's going to do." Haz tries but I quickly follow them outside.
"Tom stop!" I groan, seeing Tom holding the gun to the mans head now.
"He tried to drug you. He put a pill in your drink." He states, not taking his eyes off the man.
"You don't have to kill him.." i say.
"Yeah Aria, I do." He says, pulling the trigger. The shot being silent but the sound of the mans body falling to the ground was enough to make me sick. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to forget what I just saw.
Haz makes his way out, seeing the scene and places himself at my side, pulling me into him.
"Did you have to do it in front of her?" Haz asks.
"I will do anything to protect you, Aria. You need to realize that." Is all Tom says before putting his gun back in his holster and going back inside.
"I know what he did was wrong.. but he didn't deserve to die" I say quietly.
"Cmon, lets go have another drink. Get your mind off of it." He says to me.
"We're just going to leave him?" I ask.
"the bouncer will take care of it." Haz states and I frown.
I know I should feel grateful. I should feel safe and protected knowing my brother will murder for me, but I don't. I feel dirty, like that mans blood is on my hands, cause it kind of is. He did something wrong, he deserved a punishment. Not death.
"What happened?" Petra asks me nervously as I sit back down by her, leaving the boys cause honestly I can't even look at them the same right now.
"They killed him" I sigh.
"Shots?" She asks.
"Many." I nod.
So we drink, we drink way more than we normally do, we definitely didn't need this much but god sometimes I wish my life were different. I love them, but I just want to be normal.