Chapter Fourteen: Jealousy Opens the World of Love

David ran as fast as he could down the stairs, the moment his sight caught a gigantic stuffed toy of Stitch. I felt like laughing loud seeing him running towards the figure like a kid, as I was taking a video of this moment.

I thought of him like an innocent baby.

He happily played with Stich, like other kids, real kids in the resort. They were all noisy, laughing and smiling, while us, the adults, took a big deal of photos.

I saw David laughing in utmost joy. His cheeks were pinkish and his eyes were like that of a child, then I realized, he did look like younger than his original age.

Small bodied, long dark brown hair, slim figure, hairless arms and legs; all of them were appealing to me.

But I was surprised to hear some other guy call his name. I stop taking pictures and looked at the direction.

I saw this modest guy in a very formal suit and black leather shoes. His face was strong and manly but young; his eyes were blue and his hair was somewhat a combination of blonde and dark brown.

David seemed surprised and delighted seeing this guy, so, definitely, I went cryptic about this person.

My eyes grew big as I raised my brow, when I see David running to him and hugging this guy tight, and he was also hugging David!

They were both smiling. David turned from me, while clinging on to this guy’s arm.

“Charles, this is David, my suitor, Daniel, this is Charles, my best friend since childhood.”

So, he was Charles, and I heard David say that he went all over from Maui to Big Island just to meet him.

Actually, I felt like something sting between our eyes as we stared at each other, right after David introduced me as his “suitor” and David had the nerves to do so.

We looked at each eyes sharply. I know that this Charles, somehow, see David in a different way, something greater than a friend or a brother.

I know, deep within me, that this blonde-dark brown, rich guy likes David.

But, I won’t let him take Dave away.

____________________________________

Everything tonight keeps bugging me around. All I thought, David just wanted Lilo and Stich. But it turned out; he wanted to meet this Charles again.

And now, I’m walking at the back of these two. Technically, I don’t have a date tonight.

I had a chill in my spine when David, acting so goddamn cute or annoying, held Charles coat. But I almost fainted in the sight of Charles, tapping his butt! And David, just laughed it out!

Seriously, I closed my fist and wanted to punch him so bad that the pool will be full of his frickin’ blood.

Yet, I know violence won’t get me anywhere, and David himself might hate me for doing so.

They went outside the hall, while everyone was partying, and I followed. My camera have no use, we can’t even get a photo together.

The two of them were chatting and laughing, something I could not relate to, since, I should have been on that Charles place.

They took a coffee table for their selves near the pool. And I just sat in another table nearby.

Alone with the wind, the sound of the waves along Anaehoomalu and the music echoing inside the hall.

I took a short glance of them. I was shocked, and I almost felt like crying, when I saw David, smiling over Charles, and I saw him looking directly at his eyes. His smile was pure, while the breeze was blowing his hair lightly.