Chapter Nine: Daniel's First Move

• Dedicated to Kisa Matsushita

Last night was great. Daniel and I walked home and still the moon was full. Like last night, he made me sit on his shoulders, We walked having a chit-chat about stuffs like hobbies, foods and the likes.

We were having a good time, but still, I’m feeling something I really do not know but I’m sure it’s familiar to all human beings.

When we got home, Daniel managed to cook food. Pork cutlets with risotto this time. We laughed when Lila got home with Pilo all drunk in her shoulders, he’s a guy alright. Lila kissed us in the heads and joined us in eating, while Pilo went to the sink as fast as he could, vomiting.

We kissed Lila and patted Pilo’s back good night. I opened my laptop at Daniel’s room, listened to YouTube “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson. I just thought Daniel would need this. I charged my phone then Daniel went to the shower.

While the music was playing, I’m getting ready for my turn for the shower. Daniel came out in his pajamas then it’s my turn to take a wash.

While I was playing with the soap, Daniel spoke from the other side.

“These are yours?”

“Yeah. I got them in an air mail. You do know the story right? I appeared that Gerald Anderson was trustworthy after all.”

After I took the shower, made my self dry and put on my pajamas, I went out the bathroom and saw Daniel looking curiously on my wallet. He liked going on to my things. Before he opened it up, I took it from him. I don’t want him seeing my I.D. as a Barrett, not even my passport. He just nodded and kept silent. He knew I want my privacy.

I placed my iMac on his table, closed and kept my wallet and passport inside the luggage. Tomorrow I need to air mail Gerald’s stuffs.

I laid down the bed, and Daniel did so too after he turned of the lights; the moon illuminating us from the window.

I faced Daniel from the bed. “I have a surprise.” Daniel looked at me, with questioning eyes.

“What’s that?”

“You see, I had my credit card and bank card back on me so, I asked for Lila’s approval to remake Pe’Ahi Hideout with my money. Just to help out a bit.” I explained while looking at him directly. Yes, Daniel was surprised. His yes grew big and he literally does not know what to do. He smiled and sat from his bed and automatically hugged me tight. His body was bigger so I was suffocating.

“Wa-wai-t Dan-Daniel I can’t BREATH!”

“Ohhh” he took off his arms. “Sorry.” Then Daniel smiled. At least I’m seeing him happy.

“But tomorrow, come with me to Kaluhui first.” I asked.

“Why?”

“I’m going to fetch my BMW.”

______________________________

Kahului “Ship My Vehicle” wasn’t very far from Haiku Pauwela (that’s where Jaws or Pe’ Ahi is) however, no one had a car in their household so we needed to grab a cab in the early morning. It was only a 50 minute drive.

I told Gerald to use my money and ship my BMW thru Ship My Vehicle via a “very special trip” so it would be fast. And so, it did.

Daniel, on the other hand, still couldn’t believe that I will be able to remake Pe’ Ahi Hideout, and that I have a car.

We first stopped at the nearest FedEx air express to airmail Gerald’s things. I gave him a call and all was well. When we finally arrived at Ship My Vehicle, I gave the attendant my code number and assisted me and Daniel to my blue BMW 335i.