Chapter Two: Gone With The Wrong Wind

___Chapter Two: Gone with the Wrong Wind.

Waiting too long would be quite boring for my body, and winter is nearing.

I stood up from my sit and went to the restroom on the east side of the airport, and probably the plane to New York would be landing soon enough.

When I reached the restroom, I faced the mirror and put down my Vans bag down the edge of the faucet. I looked at my face and from the back of the mirror I saw a man came out of the cubicle facing the mirror. He was wearing a summer outfit, and weird enough, a cap on his head. He also placed his bag, which apparently looked exactly as mine – Vans mass produce their bags. Then the airport sound advice made its announcement.

“The plain to New York and Hawaii Islands is nearing landing. Again, the plain to New York and Hawaii Islands is nearing landing.”

Of course, I hurried to get out of the restroom. But the other guy ran hurriedly and we bumped each other. We fell down to the floor and our bags were tossed away.

No more time for sorry and everything. We picked our bags and ran away towards the plain port. I was running, and you would never think of me as a son of a billionaire business man, except for what I wear. When I reached the entrance to the plain to the New York, I pulled out my passport in the front of my bag and I didn’t have the chance to look at it. I handed it over to the attendant who scanned my passport.

“Sir, you are entering the wrong plain, you should be on port no. 5” she uttered urgently, pointing her hands to the right direction.

I sighed but I felt I wasn’t in the place to argue so I hurried to no. 5, and the guy in the rest room was running towards the other direction from port no. 5.

----------------------------------

I sat cozily on the chair of the plane after the fuzz I went through earlier.

It was hard having my first economical flight. The window was small and the place was crowded with people. A man sat next to me but I didn’t bother much.

I looked around and got my self curious enough, as to why these people were wearing summer outfits. Some have floral styles, then other have hibiscus on their shirts and everything summery.

Nevertheless, I haven’t been to any kind of economical rides so maybe these people are just different.

I even felt the guy on my left looking at me. No, at my suit, as if he was trying to persecute my fashion on going to the cold land of New York

I fell asleep, but I was awoken when the sound of the radio of the plane announced we we’re nearing destination. I let a long exhale out, but it was quite a short ride, I think.

I heard he attendant announce Florida, but my mind couldn’t process very fast since I just woke up from a nap.

I went down the plane as other passenger did.

But unlike my expectations, the place did not need any winter coat. It was hot; the sun was high on and clouds were barely on the blue sky. And it did not smell anything like I expected it would it. I could smell the sea. There was no cold wind and the sky wasn’t gray. I’M NOT IN NEW YORK!   

_________________

“Sir, your passport tells us clearly you’re destination should be here, Hawaii!”

I was horrified to look at the tanned flight officer sitting on his office chair insisting I should be on Hawaii.

“Give me my passport” I demanded “I’ll show you I should be on New Yo-“

WHAT THE HELL I WASN’T EVEN HOLDING MY OWN PASSPORT! The name was Gerald Dickson, and I’m definitely not Gerald Dickson, but his picture seemed to look like me.

I was shocked, speechless, how could these things be happening?

I searched my bag, and everything inside was different. I do not even have my own bag!

Then I snap went inside my mind when I remembered something and, I realized I accidentally exchanged my bag-and my fortune-with that guy from the restroom.

I felt like my blood drained over me.

“Sir, this is a misunderstanding. I’m not Gerald Dickson. I’m Dave Barrett. I was supposed to go to New York but I had an incident where I changed bag with this guy from the airport at London.”

I felt my eyes watery as I explained, but the officer won’t believe.

“Sir, do not make any rumble here and we’ve heard a lot of those kinds of excuses.”

I wanted to call our family lawyer, our business friends, Amanda, Fitch, any house maid - but never my father. But I do not know their number, even my house telephone. I never took the time to memorize them. I even deactivated my facebook account before I left!

Speechless I was when I was dragged outside the airport, and the attendants gave me the package meant for Gerald Dickson.

I was out there in Hawaii, out in the sun, in my suit and sun glasses, carrying luggage that wasn’t mine, my wallet on the other luggage I have-which could be on New York now-but most of all, my car won’t be here on Hawaii.

I do not have any more money to carry all those stuffs, the only bill I have in my pocket is five thousand. I do not have my phone. Technically, I’m hopeless.

And another challenge is to find a ride that will get me on an occupied place out in the road drenched in the heat of the sun.