18

𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒
you're the reason why im smiling again

PAUL AND MADDIE are sitting beside each other on his bed; the red head is holding his hands, fiddling with his fingers while chewing on her bottom lip

PAUL AND MADDIE are sitting beside each other on his bed; the red head is holding his hands, fiddling with his fingers while chewing on her bottom lip. "I'm sorry for running out on you like I did, Paul," she told him slowly, still looking down, not making eye contact. She feels guilty for a lot of things in her life, and that was one of them. At least she can fix this one thing.

Paul shook his head and pulled his hands away from her. He noticed the way she tensed at the movement, but he was quick to grab her chin with his left hand, tilting her head up just enough so they could make eye contact. "It's okay, Maddie. I forgive you."

She shook her head, tears gathering in her eyes. "I don't see how you forgive me so easily for everything I say and do."

Because I love you. "Because you're my other half. Because you're... because I can't see a future without you in it. Because I... can't stay mad at you for feeling things you're allowed to feel," he told her, reaching forward with his other hand to wipe away a fallen tear. "I should've never asked you to pick between me and your family. That was wrong. I was wrong. And I will never do that again. I just want you to know that I will always be here for you, with you... no matter what you do or choose or say."

Maddie smiled softly at him, feeling like crying, but held herself back from doing so. She didn't want to ruin this day with her crying. She entwined their fingers together, rubbing her thumb across his knuckles. "Thank you for being so understanding and caring. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I'm glad you're the one who imprinted on me. Wouldn't want it to be anyone else," she admitted quietly, almost shyly.

He smiled and reached out with his hand, cupping her jaw gently. "Wouldn't want it to be anyone else, either." He licked his lips and leaned forward, pulling her into a soft kiss that had their hearts stuttering in their chests. His free arm wrapped around her, pulling her effortlessly onto his lap.

Maddie wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing herself closer to him, humming against his lips. She licked at his bottom lip tentatively and shifted slightly to get a little more comfortable.

Paul's arm tightened around her and he groaned softly, pulling his lips away from her, tossing his head back, panting.

She chuckled slightly, leaning down to suck at his jawline, leaving red lip marks behind. Did she care? No. "Are you okay?" She sat in his lap an little further and then, "oh..." she sighed, feeling his considerable hardness pressing against her perfectly. She looked up with wide eyes through her thick eyelashes, mouth slightly agape, cheeks pink.

She has made out plenty of times with people, especially Jo, but they never went further than fondling each other or grinding on one another. It's different with a man, though.

She reached up and ran her hand through his hair, maintaining eye contact. "Paul..."

"Maddie..." he gulped, his brown eyes teaching her lip movement. His hands were suddenly on her hips.

She leaned forward, pressing their lips together, slow and sweet. She breathed softly against his mouth, brushing her nose against his, and then she was kissing him fiercely.

Paul panted against her mouth, his hands gripping her hips tighter, pushing his hips up almost involuntarily, and pulling her body against him. They both moaned, mouths still pressed together, moving almost hungrily.

As he continued to help Maddie rock against him, her fingers tugged at his hair, moaning his name when their tongues found each other effortlessly.

"Fuck," he groaned, pulling back slightly, but to only press his lips against her neck, nipping and sucking on her, building the heat between them. He felt her hands move to hold his shoulders, her freshly manicured nails digging into his skin. But, he didn't care. If anything, it's turning him on more.

Her breathing got louder as he focused his attention on her collarbone.

Her hands ran down his chest and abs until she felt skin where his shirt had begun to ride up slightly. She slipped them underneath, running her nails along his back as he kissed and sucked at her neck. He let out a shaky breath right next to her ear that sent chills down her spine.

"Oh, god, Maddie, I—" his voice stuttered out as she rocked her hips forcibly against his, yanking his head back by his hair to suck at his throat where his adams apple is.

"Paul, I—" she stopped, laying her head against his shoulder, panting heavily into his ear as his hips rocked a few times against her. "Fuck," she whispered, eyeing the sweet spot where his neck meets his shoulder. She couldn't help it when she just reached forward and bit the skin there. It wasn't a hard bite, but it had Paul moaning and bucking in ecstasy.

"Holy shit," he let out a breathless laugh, fingers digging so harshly into her hips they were leaving marks, but neither of them noticed.

Maddie grinned and started sucking on the spot she had bit, taking in with great pleasure of him whimpering because it both hurt and felt good.

He smirked and wrapped his arms around her into a hug, pulling her flush against his chest. "That feels amazing, baby girl."

She chuckled lightly and licked at his skin where she bit, before pulling back and giving him a chaste kiss on his lips. He smiled and went kiss at her neck when Maddie's phone rung.

They both groaned and pulled away from one another.

Maddie sighed and rolled off of Paul's lap, reaching over for her phone, answering it. "Yes, sister dearest?"

Bella chuckled as she could hear the frustrated tone, but then said, "Renesmee just grew a little, she looks like she should be a year and a half now. Her first words were; auntie maddie. So um, kinda jealous but also, love that for you."

Maddie smiled softly and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Wish I was there to hear that and see Edwards annoyed face."

Bella laughed at that. "Emmett had placed a bet with everyone. He somehow knew she would say your name before she said anything else. So... he won like a hundred bucks."

Maddie laughed loudly at that, amused. "Everyone should know not to bet against Emmett at this point."

Paul stared lovingly at his girlfriend as she talked over the phone.