06

𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄
this destruction will be your rebirth

𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄this destruction will be your rebirth

OVER THE NEXT few days, Madelyn was learning control. Her emotions were mostly what triggered her newfound powers. But, if she is also very defensive, it could be used as a shield or even a weapon.

One time, Maddie was reading a scroll in the library about the so called 'Scarlet Witch' which they had found deep within the archives. Everything was written in Latin. She knows Latin, every hunter knows it, but not the full language. They mostly know some spells for protection, and most importantly, the demon exorcism. So, she had a dictionary for Latin words pulled out beside the scroll as she wrote it all down in a notebook.

Dean entered the room with a couple of slices of pizza on a plate and a glass of water. He stood at the doorway, watching Maddie with a fond smile. He loves her like a sister... like a daughter, really. He would do anything for her. He has went to hell for her, and will do so again if he needs to. And to see her struggle with something of the unknown, something so terrifying, his heart breaks for her.

Dean grinned and said, "hey," he threw a slice of pizza at her just because he could. And he thought it would be funny. But he didn't expect a red wall to appear in front of her which the pizza slammed into, sliding down it and onto the floor.

Maddie looked up at him with wide eyes, and then down at the pizza, bringing her eyes slowly back up to make eye contact with him. And then they were both laughing loudly.

"I so did not expect that to happen!" Dean exclaimed through his laughter, almost dropping the plate that still had a couple of slices of pizza on it, along with the glass of water which was slushing around.

Maddie gasped in a breath, leaning down to pick up the slice of pizza that hit her magic barrier that had only flared up when she heard a shout. It was reflex. She grinned as she took a bite of the cold pizza. "I guess the lessons with May are paying off."

Dean grinned, walking further into the room, setting the plate down and the glass of water. "I guess so." He reached over and ruffled her hair. "I'm proud of you, kiddo." He watched as the tips of her ears turned pink at the slight praise. He knows that — just like him — she loves to be appreciated and told how good she is at doing something. "Even though I can hear you arguing with her sometimes," he added as an afterthought.

Maddie pouted. "She had me doing yoga and tai-chi, like... come on!" She exclaimed and crossed her arms when Dean just laughed at her response. "You're telling me that you would do tai-chi for an hour everyday and not complain?" She rose one brow and smirked when he paused his laughing to frown. "And then do yoga for another hour?" She rose both of her brows now as he started pouting in thought. "And then do Qigong exercise for two hours after that?" She nodded in satisfaction when he grumbled under his breath. "Exactly!" She exclaimed and then took another bite of her pizza. "It's frustrating to do all of that every single day."

"It works, doesn't it?" A voice asked from the doorway.

There stood Melinda May in black pants, a tank top, a leather jacket, and combat boots. Her brown hair was straight as can be, and she wore no makeup. Her arms were crossed, as always.

She is a stern woman who John had met when he first began hunting. If the boys weren't dropped off at Bobby's, they were dropped off at her's. She owned this tiny little cottage in the middle of the woods that no one but she knew about — well, except for those she trusted with her life which was only Bobby. If Bobby couldn't keep the Winchester brothers, he would take them to her. At first, the boys didn't like her — thought her too quiet and strict, but they grew fond of her over the years.

Dean smiled at the woman. "Thank you so much, May." He rose his brow and then pulled out a KitKat from his pocket, tossing it towards her. She snatched it out of the air without blinking, all the while maintaining eye contact with Dean. "God, that is so hot."

"Don't be gross," May said, facial expression not changing, voice void of emotion.

Maddie snorted. "That's his middle name."

Dean frowned and slapped the back of her head. "Shut up."

May's lip twitched, but if you weren't paying attention — which the duo was not — then you would've missed it. "I think my work here is done."

Maddie stood up and approached the older woman with a wide smile. "Thank you. Seriously. I don't know what I would've done without your help."

May tilted her head slightly. "You would've prevailed, Madelyn." She rose a single brow in Dean's direction. "Just like idiot over here said you would. He has so much faith in you."

The redhead grinned and looked over at Dean who suddenly looked sheepish. "Aww, Dean-o, I didn't know you loved me that much."

"Oh, that's it!" Dean exclaimed and lunged at the redhead who squealed and jumped over the desk, getting away from him. "Get over here now!" He began chasing her around the room.

May rolled her eyes, ripping open her KitKat, taking a bite out of it, pulling her phone from her pocket, and began filming them. "Idiots." She shook her head, grinning when Dean tripped over a book and face-planted. "Fucking idiots." She smiled fondly, watching as Maddie used her magic to send a pizza slice flying onto Dean's head.

MADDIE LAID ON her bed, smiling widely as Paul answered her FaceTime call. "Hello there, wolfy." She winked which just made him chuckle lowly. That one said made her heartbeat speed up, and for her cheeks to flush. It sounded like he just woke up. Which is probably true because it's currently one in the morning, and it took him a second to answer the call. "Sorry," she sheepishly smiled. "Did I wake you?"

Paul smiled softly at her. "It's fine, I could barely sleep anyway." He moved around on his bed so his back was against his headboard. "I have been very worried about you; it's been a full week since the last time we talked, and even then, that was very brief and I felt a lot of mixed emotions through our connection, and—"

"I'm fine, Paul," she told him with a small smile. For the first time since the whole magic ordeal happened, she finally feels at peace with herself and everything again. "There was a... rough patch, but I am much better now." Okay, so maybe she doesn't know how to tell him that she was almost sacrificed and then suddenly gained a bunch of chaotic magic that she had no idea how to control until about a few days ago. "How's things back in the small town that's stupidly named after a utensil?"

Paul laughed so loudly that he snorted. It took him a second to get ahold of himself. "Everyone misses you," he said, eyes softening as he looked at her through the screen. "Seth has made you something for when you return. He's proud of it."

Maddie smiled and turned to lay on her stomach. "I miss him."

"He misses you too," he stated. "... I miss you."

She couldn't help it, she smiled brighter at that. "I miss you too, wolfy."

They began to talk about anything they could come up with for the next two hours, not noticing how much time has passed.

They both eventually go to bed with smiles on their faces.