Chapter 15

**THE DECISION**

Ava walked into the restaurant and sat down in the waiting area. Her girlfriend was on the way, and she didn't want to wait at the table alone. She pulled out her phone and started scrolling through social media. Their reservation was for 7pm and it was only 6:50pm so she still had some time to kill. Ava was always early. It took everything in her to not be earlier than this. She was so excited. This was her first date with her girlfriend since they decided to get make it official.

After waiting for about five minutes, Ava's girlfriend showed up. Ava stood up to give her a hug. They both walked to the hostess to let her know they were there for their reservation. The hostess took their name and seated them at a table. The table was towards the back of the restaurant in the private area for reservations. The ambiance was great. The table had four candles lit and a red tablecloth.

"How was your day?" Ava asked.

"Pretty good! How was yours?"

"Mine was good too. I've been looking forward to this all week" Ava said blushing.

"Me too honestly. I haven't stopped thinking about it."

It was Friday. The two had made it through their first week together. Ava had never been in a serious relationship with a woman before, so she was a bit nervous about how to act. For whatever reason, it seemed like she overthought things more now. In reality, she knew there was no reason to though. Her girlfriend was amazing and there were no bumps in the road so far.

Ava was so glad of the decision she made. She was very indecisive about things, but she was sure that she made the right decision this time. She could have run from the whole thing and picked no one, but that would have been the easy way out.

The two ordered their meals and ate while enjoying each other's company. They flirted a little and discussed what they would do after the dinner. They decided to go to a bar for a few quick drinks then go back to Ava's apartment.

It was around 11pm when they pulled up to Ava's apartment. They both walked in and headed straight to the bedroom to lay down. They agreed that they didn't want to go to sleep just yet, so they decided to cuddle and watch tv. Ava and her girlfriend changed into their pjs first. Not too long into the show Ava started falling asleep.

"Ava! Wake up you're snoring" Ava's girlfriend said laughing.

"Oh hush! What's the big deal?" Ava asked laughing with her eyes still closed.

"The big deal is we're supposed to be watching the show."

"I am watching" Ava said.

"With your eyes closed?" Ava's girlfriend said laughing.

"Yes, it's a hidden talent I have!" Ava said laughing.

"What the heck.. C'mon.. wake up pleasseeee" Ava's girlfriend begged.

"No!" Ava said grabbing a pillow and throwing it at her girlfriend.

"What the..." Ava's girlfriend said, surprised that Ava did that.

"Opppss" Ava said laughing.

Ava's girlfriend got on top of her and started giving her fast kisses around her entire face. "That should wake you up."

"Awwww you love me!" Ava said.

"Of course! I'm so lucky to be dating my best friend."

Ava's heart melted and she started blushing.

"I love you Bri" Ava said.

"I love you too bestie!" Bri responded.

The two exchanged a long kiss, laid down, cuddled, and watched tv until they both fell asleep.