Chapter 3

Ava was devastated. She drove home and walked into her apartment angrily. She immediately laid in her bed and starting crying into her pillow. She was so embarrassed and heartbroken. Why didn't Maya mention him, and why did she flirt back and go along with everything? Ava really enjoyed spending time with her, but now the friendship was over. There was no going back after this. I never should have done that, Maya thought to herself. Ugh. How could I be that stupid.

Ava laid in bed for a while thinking. After deciding on whether or not she wanted to be around someone, she decided to call Bri. She pulled out her phone, went to her recent call list, and pressed Bri's  name.

It rang a couple of times and Bri finally answered.

"Hello"

"Hey, are you busy?" Ava asked.

"Uh.. Kinda. Why? What's up?" Bri asked concerned.

"Can you come over right now?" Ava asked.

"Umm yeah. I'm playing a game with Jason right now, but I'll be over when we're done."

"Ok. I'll see you in a little while then."

*****About 45 mins later*****

Bri knocks on the door.

"Hey" Ava said as she answered the door slowly.

"Hey girl, what's up?" Bri asked as she walked in.

"Not much" Ava said quietly.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you back early anyway? Weren't you supposed to be hanging out with Maya?" Bri asked.

"Yeaahhhh... that's over now" Ava responded.

"WHAT?!? WHAT HAPPENED?" Bri asked.

"I just ended it that all" Ava replied.

"Nah, I'm not buying that. Something happened" Bri said.

"Why does something have to happen? Maybe I just realized that it was not a good idea to begin with."

Bri stared at Ava for about five seconds then started laughing out of nowhere "Yeah right. You were crazy about this girl. There's no way that happened. She probably rejected your crazy ass" Bri said as she started laughing again.

"Shut the hell up!" Ava replied.

A look of shock panned over Bri's face "So, that did happen?" Bria asked.

Ava walked over to the couch and sat down. She didn't say a word.

Bri sat next to her. "I'm sorry, I didn't think that really happened. I was just joking around. Tell me what happened though."

Tears started to fill Ava's eyes as Bri waited patiently for a reply.

"She has a fiancé" Ava finally said.

"What the fuck?!" Bri replied

"I know. I know" Ava said.

Ava laid down on Bri's lap and let a tear leave her eye. She quickly wiped it away. She couldn't believe she was getting emotional over this.

"She seemed like she really liked me. She flirted back. She even initiated it! Why wouldn't she just tell me this a long time ago? Was she playing games the whole time? Or was I just being stupid?" Ava asked as she laid on Bri's lap.

"No, from what you've told me, she likes you. Some girls are just... I don't know... They don't think things through all the way" Bri said trying to choose her words carefully.

"But why lead me on like that? What did she think was going to happen eventually?" Ava questioned.

"She may be curious too or she may just be playing games" Bri responded.

"I can't stand her. I never want to see her again" Ava said sobbing now.

"You don't mean that" Bri said. "You two will talk again for sure."

"NO. I'M SERIOUS! It's all over" Ava demanded.

"Ok boo" Bri responded as she rubbed Ava's back while she cried.

Bri stayed with Ava that night to make sure she was ok. They stayed up for a while talking about women. The more Bri talked to Ava, the more she started liking her. Of course, she always found her attractive, but until a little while ago she didn't like women. Now Bri was stuck in the friend zone.

Bri laid on her back in the bed as Ava slept peacefully next to her. Bri looked over at Ava and thought about how cute she was. Bri secretly wished Ava would get over Maya and start to like her. She thought about what a good couple they would be considering they already knew everything about each other. Bri would never hurt Ava. Maya was clearly playing games. That's exactly what Bri was trying to warn Ava about from the start, but Ava didn't get it.  Bri hated seeing Ava hurt, but Bri tired to look on the bright side. For now, Ava was over Maya which was good. Maybe this meant Bri could make a move soon.