Chapter 5

**** THE NEXT DAY****

Ava woke up with a terrible headache. She tried to stand up but decided to lay back down for a few minutes. She laid down on her back and started to think about what happened last night. In the midst of her thoughts, she heard her phone vibrate and reached over to the nightstand to get it. She saw she had 2 missed calls from Bri and 4 missed texts from her.

Shit- Ava thought to herself.

Ava started to think about what happened with Bri, and she immediately got embarrassed. She didn't know why she did it, but she knew she liked it. There was definitely a spark there. When she kissed Bri, her whole body warmed up. Bri's lips were so soft and the way her hand moved around her body made her feel so wanted.

Did this mean she liked Bri? Or was she just trying to get over seeing Maya and her fiancé? Ava had no idea. She looked through Bri's text messages and didn't know how to respond. She knew Bri would have a million questions and would probably want to come over eventually. She decided to wait to respond until she figured out what she wanted.

Ava pulled out her phone and took a selfie while lying in bed. She posted it on Snapchat and used the caption "Crazy night but I'm still alive". Sure enough, not even five minutes later, Bri was calling. Ava declined it and laid back down in her bed. The room was slightly spinning. Now she wished Bri did stay the night. She could have been really helpful right about now. She could bring her some food and water at least.

Ava didn't want things to be awkward though. She knew Bri well. Bri was a very direct person. She would straight up ask Ava about last night and Ava didn't know how to answer yet.

Ava knew she'd have to talk to Bri eventually, but just not right now.

-----------------------------------------

***THE NEXT DAY***

Ava was relaxing on the couch watching tv. She hadn't really talked to anyone all day. She was still getting over Maya, and she hadn't texted Bri back yet. Nevertheless, she was starting to feel kind of lonely.

As she looked for something to watch on tv, she felt her phone vibrate on the couch. She couldn't believe who just texted her.

It was Maya.

She started to ignore it, but her curiosity got the best of her. She responded to see what she had to say.

Maya apologized again and asked if Ava could come over to talk in person. Honestly, Ava didn't see the point. She didn't really want to have much to do with her anymore and she could see this going terribly wrong. She wasn't quite over her and she knew a friendship might be a bad idea. 

But somehow, she couldn't say no. Her mind wondered what more Maya could have to say.

She texted Maya back and told her that she would be over in a little while. Ava took a shower and found something casual to wear. She wasn't worried about looking nice this time.

Ava arrived at Maya's apartment and knocked on the door. Maya answered it, happy to see her. They both sat down on the couch and began to talk.

"So, do you really have more to say?" Ava asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I really do" Maya replied.

"I'm listening" Ava responded.

"Ok well first, I am really sorry for not telling you about my fiancé. I don't know why I didn't. I guess I really liked the attention while he was away, but I never meant for it to lead to anything serious. I know that sounds dumb, but I really didn't intend for it to go that far. Yes, I was flirting and that was wrong, but I really liked you. I should have told you, but then I knew the flirting and stuff would stop. I just wanted a little harmless fun, but then when you kissed me, I realized I had taken it too far. I knew I had to tell you" Maya said.

"Well at least you're being honest now" Ava said.

"I definitely shouldn't have led you on, but to be honest, I really like you" Maya responded.

Ava's heart dropped.

"I really would like if we could be friends again" Maya continued. "I don't really have any other friends out here except you, and it's so hard making new friends" Maya said as she started to tear up. "I won't do any more leading you on or anything. I promise. Just friends this time. You are a really good friend you know. Can we still have fun and tell each other stuff?" Maya asked.

Ava took a second to think about this. Just the other night she was crying over Maya. Now Maya was crying to be friends with her again. Could she really trust her? Was she even telling the truth now? Would she really keep this promise to not lead her on again? I guess there was only one way to find out.

"Yeah, we can" Ava said with a half-smile. She was still unsure of the decision herself.

"Ok, good! I'm so glad I have you back!" Maya said as she leaned in for a hug.

"So um.. There's a house party this weekend I heard about. Someone at work is throwing it. Do you want to go with me?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, sure" Ava replied.

This will be interesting- Ava thought to herself.