Chapter 1

"Let me go!"

"Take them off!"

"Please! Stop!

Stop!

STOP!"

*Anti's POV*
My eyes suddenly opened. Sharp breaths were taken as I looked at my surroundings. I was in a stall, the book still in hand as I tried to calm myself. Once I collected myself and dusted my clothes, I stood up and walked out, trembling with pain as I took each step. I peeped out the door, continuing my journey home once the coast was clear.
Calling a cab and walking a few blocks, I made it home. I walked inside and caught the attention of my "brothers".
"H-hey." I stuttered.

"Where were you, you missed half of Marvin's 'First Appearance' day." Jack asked.

"Ye, we know you don't care about us but you could at least try to put in effort." Jackie added.

I winced at the feeling in my chest. I dragged my feet towards Marvin, who was sitting on the floor with gifts surrounding the room, and flopped down in front of him. I put the book in his hands and gave a half smile.
"H-happy 'First Appearance' day Marv. Use it wisely."

"What is it?" Marvin questioned.

"It's a spell book, each one realer than the hair on your head."

"Woah bro, that sounds awesome." Chase commented.

Jameson added a thumbs up and Robbie smiled at the gift.
"It took a while to get though, sorry for missing your day Marv." I explained.

"It's alright Anti. It's really cool, thank you."

Marvin leaned closer to hug me and retreated to open the book and see all the different spells for himself. It was risky to take but I was quite good at bargaining. Sure the extra brute force was uncalled for, but at least cat-boy was happy.
"You look a bit vucked up Anti, let'z get you to bed." Henrik stated.

He stood up and walked away to get medical supplies while I walked to the attic, aka my room. One foot after the other, some would say I was impersonating Robbie, but truly it was painful to stand.
I dropped onto my bed, finally a surface that was comfortable and not a stall or hard floor. Henrik soon came in with a first aid kit and a slice of...cake?
"Marv vanted us to save you a slice." He laughed.

I heavily sighed as I sat up and tried my best to stay conscious, eating the chocolatey goodness as the doctor got ready. Henrik opened the kit and went straight to work, lifting my shirt and checking for any cuts or damage.
"So how did you really get ze book?" He asked in his thick German accent.

"Saw it on the black market. The guy was really forward on what he wanted in return." I nervously giggled, the glitching making it sound static.

"Did u fool around again?"

"Oh please don't say it like tha- OW watch it!" I hissed as he applied a stinging liquid to my marks.

"I am in the position vhere I can make ziz very painful. So you let me say vhat I vant."

"Fine. And no we didn't, he just wanted someone to beat up."

"I hate how you let people do ziz to you, my friend." He stated.

"I deserve it." I sighed as he patched me up.

The doctor looked at me with a displeased expression, but continued to finish what he started. I turned a bit to look out my window but I couldn't see anything but sky and a piece of the neighbor's house. I placed the plate down and wondered for a bit. Before I thought it was done he grabbed my wrists, pushing up my wrist sleeves, and examined them.
"How fresh?" He asked, referring to the cuts.