Chapter 1

🌉

Nothing was better than protecting her hometown, San Francisco. It held most of the fairy population, which she was tasked to keep. Elodie stood, standing on a tall skyscraper, her wings fluttered in the wind behind her as she stared down at the busy human world. Pastel pink wings with flaring light yellows sparkled in the setting sky. She quietly hummed a tune she recalled when she was first reborn as a fairy. Her sun-kissed dirty blonde hair blew along with the wind as she listened closely to the world around her. She smiled as she heard children laughing and playing. 

She recalled her human years, though they are becoming mixed within her mind, how playful she was, how happy she was. Elodie stared down at the kids, content in the way that they were happy. 

In her human years, Elodie used to be obsessed with being with her family, playing with them, spending time with them. Now, she knows why that was a good thing. She blankly recalls a car flipping. But tragedy harms the mind. After the car incident, Elodie glided calmly through the wind with a newborn baby's laugh. 

She was reborn.

That was how all fairies were brought. It was a beautiful thing, really.

She was able to see the bringing of her best friend Aether, he was seconds after her. They were related in a way. Since two newborns laughed at the same time. 

They quickly became best friends after their rebirth. They became even closer when they both found out that they had two talents, unlike the other fairies.

The Fairy Council had agreed, along with the Fairy Queen, that Elodie and Aether had two talents because of their abnormal bringings. Two newborns laughing was unheard of, same with two talents, so it was partially why two and two were put together. 

Aether happened to be a Light and Fast-Flying fairy. He was speedy, able to control the harsh quick flutters of his wings while pulling the light that hit him into miraculous waves around him. It was enrapturing. His dark dirty blonde hair and blue eyes perfectly contrasted to his golden and blue wings. He kept himself clean and dressed well, a little bit of a perfectionist, but not so much to be controlling about it. She was pretty sure that he was a boss of some sort in his distant human life.

For Elodie, she was declared as a Scout-Talent and Healing fairy. Which is why she was put on protection of the fairy population, along with other Scout-Talent fairies. But her healing talent came in handy for anything. 

There was nothing too special about her appearance. Her eyes were a startling blue grey, the gray was like swirls inside of her blue eyes, like each color was fighting over who owned the eye. She always liked her eyes. 

Now, she was a fairy at the age of 23, Aether the same. But they were adolescents when they were reborn so she doesn't really know if 23 is correct. 

Now she just watched over the land with her swirling eyes. Quickly ensuring that everything was okay. 

In the olden days, beasts used to ravage towns of fairies and humans, this is why Fairy Talents were made, to ensure the safety and longevity of the Fairies and Humans. As a Scout-Talent Fairy, it was her job to protect humans and fairies alike. No matter what.

Elodie stared down the streets as the time went by, progressing into the late hours of the night. She continued to move around, patrolling every area she was given to look over. She landed on a tall business building when her close friend flew beside her to sit down with her. 

“Elodie, you look like shit.”

“Says you, you look like you got the life sucked out of you.”