Moonlight

Sitting in the next room, how do you feel? Knowing they are whispering foul words about you against your own will.

To your face they say they love you, but then they speak as if you're disgraced the second you walk away. Watching as those sparkling lies smile your way. The shine blinding away the truth.

Turn away and the smile on their face fades. They're smirking in your direction and watching as the fallacy turns grey. Playing make believe without you knowing. The glitter is all they are really showing. Let the glow go and and you'll see the black and white space.

Now, tell me honey. Are you as oblivious as you seem? Never been one for tons of colors, have you? You're just a simple girl. Having a fascination with the night sky, getting lost in the moon and the stars. Basically, living in the dark. No glitz and glamour have fluttered your heart.

You know they care for you somewhere deep down. But you hate what you end up hearing when there is no other sound.

Trying to find your own place. Yet having these speed bumps happening the entire way. Just can't catch a break. Guess the word must've flown and gone to seize this case. Wondering how yesterday and tomorrow look the exact same.

Living in this outline of your life the whole time. You know the lies, but you just don't understand why. Listening to your lullaby you wish you could cry. Every day you hide from the pain, scared of the idea of it staring you in the face. It'll overcome all the process you've been trying to create. Stabbing your future astray is its fate.

When destiny calls you hit the red button. Placing the effects of your power above it. Even if it's just an illusion, a point needs to be proven. This feeling that stalks you is distasteful, you're hoping that maybe it's just a bad fable.

But you know the truth inside you wherever you go. These lies that surround you is like breathing in smoke.

Suffocating.

Waiting to take your last breath away. You hold the drug in your hand. Knowing it's an addiction. Feeling good inside, but really, it's killing.

Honey, you're falling too far down. I'm worried you won't find your way back up. The air that you're getting just isn't enough. Why are you making this so tough? You're dying on the inside. Inhaling iodine, black crystal forming on your death bed. The truth is smacking you across the back of your head. You need to listen. Your life is dependent on it. Honesty is as free as the wind, you must allow it in. It can blow away the smoke and ease your lungs so you can breathe.

Honey, please stop being so stubborn. You know it's out there somewhere. But believing in the dark doesn't help you to see. You need to open yourself up to the probability of this new and unknown possibility. You can claim the ability to see life more clearly.

You must let a little bit of light into your life. If you don't let yourself be drawn to the shine. Don't let fool's gold ruin the real riches of the outside.

Sitting in the next room they make you feel worthless. But honey, on the inside, you know that's the wrong form of purchase. You are priceless, honey. Never let someone put a tag on who you are meant to be. Never forget what has been told to you by yours truly.

Let your conscience speak. I am your inner truth; I will never stray from convincing you to be the best you. Honey, I am your heart. As long as you are true we will never be apart.

You are priceless, honey. Please never forget your worth. Some people will try to dampen your spirit because inside they must be hurt further. Even if they treat you like dirt, you know deep down they feel worse.

The pain someone feels can lead them to a dark place. Holding a drug in their hand, they know it's an addiction. If they can still take it in, they are making a decision.

It's a personal problem in the death that they are living. Claiming they are alive, but not breathing right. We are all uneven. Things can get hard, don't you let that pain tear you apart.

Vulnerability sets a fear in place. Then sensibility moves away. Being scared is a nightmare. Honey, you need to wake up.

But when you open your eyes, you can't stop staring at the sky. At the moon and the stars. Maybe being the simple girl that you are; you can't deny the unique beauty you are seeing above. It's fascinating; the mix of light and dark. So depressing and so beautiful. Sad, yet hopeful. Honey, the night is you in a nutshell.

Sitting in the next room, how do you feel? Knowing they are speaking foul words about you against your own will. You know they care about you somewhere deep down. But you hate what you hear when there is no other sound.

You gaze at the moon and the stars. The night sky reveals your lullaby. But now instead of making you want to cry it is showing you the perfect mixture of night and light. In your head you're taking flight. Finally finding your own place, no speed bumps tonight.

Your lullaby flies you away until you awake in the day. The night is your time. They can't take it away. Even with those sparkling lies they are smiling your way. You know if you can't take their lullaby then they can't take mine. It's the cycle of life. We each have our own time. Yours has always been the night.

When daytime began you would breathe in the smoke, then at the end, when night has begun you would run with the wind.

Always two versions, can't stick with one. But there was never a lot of color. Because even as the whole story was told you realize that even with the new hope you would always collide between black and white. Resembling the never-ending split involving day and night.

Following the moonlight, I now bid you goodnight. And have a nice day. Remember to listen to your heart and lullaby, and everything will turn out extra radiantly bright.