Chapter 1

Alexander

I walked into our 2 story house silently, trying hard to avoid my parents and siblings. As soon as I got a foot in, I felt the broom stick crack over my head. I fell forwards and caught myself before I fell onto the broken beer bottle. I steadied myself and looked up to the person that put me in this world. "Why the fuck are you all sweaty boy?!" "I had to run home so I didn't be late Mom". She kicked me in the back of my knee and I fell into the broken glass.

She kicked me and walked away. She went into the basement, where I usually slept. She returned with "special bandages". It was actually a roll of toilet paper. She tossed it at me and walked away. I slowly got up, my hands went into the glass and I fell back down. A shard of glass went into my eye. Not far enough to kill me, but enough to blind me, permanently in that eye.

I pulled myself up and hurried to the basement, as fast as my injured body could move. I fell onto my beanbag chair/bed. I took the tweezers from off the dirty floor and began picking the glass out of my body.

I poured some rubbing alcohol on some tissue and made sure none of my cuts got infected. Now, I have to remove the glass from my eye. After holding my eye lids, I used the tweezers and got most of it out.

Half of it broke, it's now embedded into my eye. I felt tears land on my hand, I looked down to see it was blood pouring out of my eyes.

~

Mom had said for me to get upstairs quickly. I had moved as fast as my injured body could go.