𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 . . .

𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠    ,    𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬

𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬

𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠    ,    𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬

SHE SPENT EXTRA time fixing up her appearance that morning. Her face was flushed and her eyes still a crimson red from her "meal" the previous day. Her eyes stung as she put in her contacts while doing her makeup. No matter how many times she'd had to follow the routine, she could not get used to it.

Seeing as his youngest was the only one around due to his other children being out and about hunting before school that morning, Carlisle Cullen had asked her to take a medical report down down to the police station in light of one of their most recent and ongoing investigations he had taken part in. There was a recent accident involving a drunk driver and the victim had said she did not want to press charges, but a medical report was still necessary for the police's case file.

So when he advised her to go into town and hand the report to Chief Swan, who was overviewing the whole case, Sadie did her best to contain herself as soon as she walked out that door.

Her hunger was starting to subside. She did all she could to convince herself that all she needed was a walk, something to clear her head. And Carlisle's requested errand gave her that chance.

Though part of her secretly prayed that she would not end up regretting her decision as she was more than well aware of the possibility of going anywhere near someone who's blood was strong enough to trigger a reaction out of her was always there.

The walk to the station was tedious. She had gotten used to ambling the streets of Forks Washington and being met with the same sight and sounds each and every day. The pitter-patter of rain falling up against cars, the dark clouds that loomed over the town like a heavy blanket attempting to suffocate its residents. The quiet...

The quiet was the most dreadful part of it all. The quiet gave her no other choice but to be left alone with her thoughts. And they were stronger than she could ever be. The way they backed her into a corner and forced the things she had been attempting to run away from right in her face.