𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 . . .

𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨

𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 , 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞
𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨

𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨

THE WOMAN BEHIND the front desk gave Sadie a bored look as she approached. Resting her hand on the cool marble surface, she told the woman, "Cullen. I'm looking for my brother and sisters." she said. Alice had texted her along the drive to the hotel, insisting she hurry in case James was hot on their trail and she was left alone. However, her phone had died during the trip before her sister had gotten the chance to share the room number.

Typing into the computer, the woman cleared her throat. "Second floor, room twelve." she said monotone.

With a quick nod and a mumbled 'thank you', the girl made her way towards the elevators and waited patiently for the doors to open, greeting the people with a kind smile as they stepped out the moment it reached her floor before stepping inside.

As soon as the doors closed, her body fell back against the wall of the elevator as she let out a deep sigh. Dropping her bag beside her feet, she could not help the smile that spread over her face as she brought a hand up to her mouth and traced a finger over her lips which still seemed to tingle with exhilaration.

It went without saying that the kiss had been left lingering since she had left Jacob's shack many hours ago. It was remarkable how she still felt him everywhere. His lips on her own, his hand on the side of her face while his other set down on her waist to pull her in. She was still utterly enchanted by him. It was a feeling she knew would do all but go anywhere.

She glanced down at her side and pulled her phone out of her pocket. She cursed herself for not having a charger in her car. Her mind was racing as she wondered whether or not Jacob had called or texted or left her anything at all before she realized what she was doing and quickly scolded herself. Here she was centering her thoughts around a boy and getting clingy after one sign of affection when the circumstances were anything but appropriate for it.