We enter the venue and I am amazed. Everything is bright and flashy, much like Garren's personality, and casino night seemed to be the evening's theme. Tables were set up all over with a rather large gathering around each one.

"Garren certainly knows how to party." I say suddenly.

"Knowing him, this is just the tip of the iceberg." He turns to look at me. "It's a good thing you had a nap, I hear some music playing. May I have this dance?" He didn't wait for me to respond as he pulled me onward and up a set of steps.

"Shouldn't we at least say hello to the birthday boy first?"

"So he can take you away? There will be plenty of time for that later." He says laughing again as we enter the ballroom.

My jaw drops, as I look around wide-eyed at the scene before me. The room was bright and sparkly with women hanging from the ceiling, some with fabric, others on swings of some sort. There was a brass band off to the side currently playing swing jazz with a pretty sizeable crowd dancing on the floor in front of the stage.

"How many people do you think are here?"

"Last I heard, the guest list was at five hundred, that is why he rented out the entire venue and lodging."

My eyes get bigger if that is possible. "Lodging? We- we are staying here?"

"That is up to you. I have a meeting in the afternoon, so I hadn't planned on it. However, if you want to, stay here that is, I can push it back to late afternoon."

I cough suddenly gasping for air and I was thankful the music was loud enough to hide it for the most part. "Well, I hadn't planned on either. I have my own meetings to attend."

"Don't quote me on it, but I think Garren already called out for you." He says smiling that wonderful smile of his.

"He what?"

"Come on, let's dance!" He rushes off once again pulling me behind him.

"How rude! You show up and don't even bother to let me know that my special guest has arrived or to say hello."

I turn around and stare. It's Garren looking more handsome than usual, in a red suit if all things. My laughter dies off suddenly. I look at Kai who has a smirk on his face. "I am pretty sure you knew she was here the moment we exited the limo."

"That's beside the point." Garren says as he comes to a stop a few inches away from Kai.

The tension was palpable as I stood there between them looking back and forth from one man to the other. What in the hell is going on here?I wondered. If I didn't know any better, I would suspect a fight to break out any moment.

Garren scoffs. "This is my party, and I will not allow you to ruin it." Then he looks to me and a toothy grin animates he face. "It has been a while, come chat with me, Gabe." He holds out his arm in offering.

I look over at Kai and his face is unreadable, but he remains looking at Garren, his jaw working slightly. I put on a pleasant smile as I move closer to him taking his offered arm. He rests his other hand on top of mine patting it gently before leading me away. I glance back to see Kai now looking at me. Why does he look scared?Perhaps I was imagining things, but then I remembered what he had said to me when we first arrived about Garren taking me away upon seeing me.

"So what was that all about?" I asked even though I already knew that he would more than likely dodge the question.

"Nothing for you to worry about, baby girl. It's just that some people tend to suffer from some strange since of entitlement, that is all." He said not disappointing my earlier assessment in the slightest. He then proceeded to look me up and down. "May I say that you are looking absolutely gorgeous tonight woman? Damn." He licked his lips and rolled my eyes at him laughing.