8. Story Time

We were now on our way home, Vic held me as I cried as quietly as possible. Seeing Dr.Way scared me, he was the one who ran the tests and  used punishments. He was the scariest.

Just seeing him made the memories rush back to me. Life with Vic while it's only been a few days, has been amazing. I'm able to eat everyday and don't get hurt when I break the rules, plus, now I can actually be loved. While in the lab nothing good ever happened and nobody except one smiled. It was dark, depressing, and over all horrible. If Dr.Way or any of the others found me, I'd be dead.

I could still remember the shots, the needles, the cages. Everything. It was all horrible.

Thinking of what had happened made me cry harder and Vic squeezed around my middle, his hand knocking the beanie off my head and stroking my ears. "It's okay, Kitten. They won't get you, I promise." I simply nodded and clutched my Mexican harder, not wanting to let go.

Cracking open my eyes I saw that Tony and Mike were looking at me in worry, Tony beside me while Mike sat by Jaime in front. When Mike noticed me looking at him, he smiled kindly at me. "Hey Kellin, you feeling any better?" He asked and I nodded shortly, "A little bit." Mike tilted his head a little bit and asked, "What's still wrong bud?" I hesitated then glanced at my arms that still held faded bruises. "I-I'm scared that they'll find me and punish me again." I whimpered slightly, "I don't like being hit or not fed. I don't want to get hurt, the tests are so hurty, I-I want to stay here! With my Vic!" I cried at the end and buried my head in Vic's shoulder again.

The thought of being away from Vic terrified me.

***

Vic waved goodbye to the other Mexicans as I sat behind him on the couch. My ears were still pressed against my head while my tail stayed wrapped around my thigh. I wasn't as scared as I was earlier but now I knew that I hadn't gotten that far away from the lab, that was what was still scaring me: knowing I was still close to my tormentors. I'd told Vic my fears and all he'd done was hold me. And honestly, that's all I could ask for. A warm touch.

When the guys were gone Vic turned and smiled at me, his warm brown eyes soft as he looked at me. He came and sat next to me, wrapping an arm around me so I could curl up on his lap, much like I'd been all day. "Kellin?" He asked in the silence.

"Yes?" I asked back, very quiet.

"Could- could you tell me exactly what happened at the lab?"

I was a bit stunned by the question, I didn't want to  think of everything that happened, I knew I needed to, and I wanted to tell Vic. I nodded my head and snuggled into him, knowing this would take a while.

"They hurt Kellin very badly," I began quietly. "Been there since I can remember. The white coats would raise me, sometimes feeding me. No birthdays.

"I was always kept in the same room. It was white and had no windows. There was a cot that I got to sleep on." I knew I wasn't good at explaining things and that the story would jump from one thing to another, but I wasn't very smart, I knew that. I just hoped Vic wouldn't mind. "I got to stay in that room until a few years ago when they told me I was old enough to live through the t-tests." I squeezed my eyes shut and blinked quickly. "After that time Dr.Way moved me to a room filled with cages, all of them with different animals- most dying or sick. It scared me. Everyday for the first couple weeks I got a shot filled with this blue stuff, it hurt and made me weak. Kellin doesn't know what it was." I frowned.

"After a while different doctors would draw blood and run tests on me, constantly flashing lights in my eyes and checking my teeth. They began to break bones, seeing if I healed fast and only feeding me if I deserved it. Anytime I fought back or spoke I'd get hurt by Dr.Carlile at Dr.Ways order. But, there was this one doctor with bright orange hair. Dr.Ashby told me he always liked cats." I giggled a little as I remembered the silly doctor. "He let me listen to music. When they didn't feed me for a while he'd sneak in a snack and pet me. Once he even defended me. He was the one that accidentally left my cage unlocked." I snuggled into Vic lap and frowned again. "Alot of other things happened but I don't want to think about that right now, is that okay?"

"Of course. Lets get some food then you can sleep."

A/N

sorry for how much the story jumped and stuff im just trying to put it how someone without a proper education would put it

VCF