21. Missing

"He's been missing for six weeks." I mumbled in a small voice as I stared down at my hands. My fingers were twined together and I focused on them like they were the most interesting thing on the world. A distraction.

Alan sat in front of me with somber expression; He had just explained to me that they had asked around, and searched the entirety of the lab but found nothing about Kellin... or Tony. My boyfriend and my best friend were missing and nobody had any idea where they were. The only people that would want Kellin were the people at the lab, yet we couldn't find a single thing that lead to the two being there. Nothing made sense. The whole situation was awful and messed up. We couldn't go to the police since Kellin technically wasn't a person and the whole story would sound made up.

The ginger in front of me was frowning and had his arms crossed over his chest. Brown eyes looked up into mine and he said, "I'm so sorry Vic. I don't even know what I would do if Austin was taken away from me."

I don't know why, but his words caused anger to build up in me. There was a certain fury that had to be released. "Well, Alan, you're lucky because you'll never have to deal with that. And you wanna know why?" My voice was sharp, cold, and fast, leaving him no room to answer before I continued on. "You and Austin are evil. Both of you! He tortured Kellin while you stood back and watched! He won't be taken away from you because you're on the side of the people who took away my life! Kellin, he didn't and still doesn't deserve what's happening!" My breathing was fast and I was glaring at Alan with evil eyes. "Austin won't be taken away from you." I said finally, my voice now defeated.

I stood from the couch with shaky legs turned so my back was to him. Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes, just as they had been for the past six weeks. "I need him back." I whispered sadly.

I heard Alan stand and then his hand was on my shoulder. "Vic, I promise we'll get him back. Even if it's the last thing I do. Promise."

I turned slightly and nodded at him gratefully,  "Thanks, Lan." I wiped the tears from my eyes and sat down on the couch again, feeling myself relax.

I was back on my feet in seconds, because the door had flown open with so much force that it banged against the back wall. "I got them!" Austin yelled as he rushed in, a few sheets of paper grasped in his hands. His brown hair was falling in his face and the black shirt he wore was inside out. "I found them!"

Alan rushed to his lover and grabbed at the sheets, trying to read the print. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean, I've had our friend Valentino tracking and looking for any signal that comes from Gerard's or Tony's phones! There have been plenty from Gerard's- all from the usual place. But, today Gerard and Tony's came from the same place a few miles away from the lab. We've got to get there!" Austin exclaimed as he practically threw the papers down and pointed at the small, GPS looking map that showed what I assumed to be the place where Tony's phone signal came from.

I nodded as I pulled some shoes on. "We need to hurry, if Gerard is with Tony, then Tony could be hurt."

"Okay, Alan, you take your car and go get Jaime and Mike. I'll take Vic and we'll start heading towards the place. Sound good?" Austin said as he picked the map up again. Alan nodded and pulled Austin down for a short kiss on the lips, "Just be careful." The taller of the two nodded and smiled before leading me towards his orange Navigator.

Within minutes we were flying down back roads and breaking every traffic law out there. I looked up from the map to see Austin's determined featured. "Why are you helping so much?"  I asked, remembering how bitter he has been.

He hesitated before answering., "I've been thinking. If what is happening to you happened to me I'd be nothing, and that's because Alan is my everything." He glanced at me for a second before continuing. "I know you love Kellin, so, I have to help you."

***

It took us nearly an hour but soon enough we were pulling into an abandoned looking shack in the middle of the woods. The outside of it was old and rotted, the roof caving in. All the windows were broken and dust covered. I couldn't help but think Austin had done something wrong. "How could this-"

"Shhh," Austin shushed me as he stood at the door. "It's just a disguise."

I made a confused face and ran a hand through my brown curls. "What are you talking about?" He looked back at me then pushed the rickety door open, making me gasp. The interior looking like something from an alien space ship. The ground was clean, white tile and bright lights hung every three feet on the ceiling. A wall of switches and levers stood to the right of us. "Holy shit," I whispered to myself. After looking away from the wall, I turned my gaze to a small table full of dangerous looking tools and blood soaked rags.

"We have to find Kellin and Tony."

A/N

2 to 4 more chapters left! cx

VCF