Rollin in the 1930's

Start from the beginning

Theseus shook his head, "Newt, you--"

"Yes, I know it's confidential. I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't so important," Newt cut him off in a rushed tone glimmering with a panicked edge.

The Magizoologist waited with bated breath as his brother's blue orbs swivelled from his face to Lila's, then back to his as he tried to understand the situation.

The auror let out a sigh, "what did you do, Newt?"

Newt blinked, "I have done nothing--"

"Don't lie to me," Theseus's voice hardened in that udual way of his whenever something displeased him, "what's going on?"

Beside Newt, the woman tried hard not keep her gaze poignant and consistent when she felt his blue orbs pierce right through her skull, practically probing her with silent questions that caused a burst of heat through her cheeks.

She could feel Newt's panic building beside her, could feel the restless glances he cast her way for he had nothing else to say to help his case. So she cleared her throat and decided that she had to take this situation into her own hands somehow.

"I am from the Unspeakables Department in Japan," she forced her voice to take on a consistent, confident tone and tries not flinching when locking eyes with Theseus's blue ones. They were so different than Newt's, icy and professional and confident, oozing of charisma. It took everything in Lila not to squirm as she continued, "there is a matter of great importance that I seek to discuss with the British Unspeakables."

She hoped she got the wording right. There was no use in sticking out like a sore thumb due to the way she spoke.

"Why not go straight to the reception desk and ask for her, then?" Theseus's eyes flashed with the challenge that arose before him.

"Because, Mr. Scamander, Unspeakables do not need any authorization from the Ministry itself," Lila stated in what she hoped was a clear and concise manner.

"Unspeakables don't go about asking for other Unspeakables either," the auror said as he arched a brow, as if taunting her.

That did nothing to ease the temper that flared through her chest like wildfire, "well maybe if your Ministry wasn't so goddamn chaotic I wouldn't have to go asking for stupid, egotistic aurors who prance around the place like they own it!" She snapped, "maybe your Ministry would actually get some work done and--"

Newt's arm on hers was what wrenched her out of her speech and it was only then that she realized how hard she'd been breathing, her chest heaving up and down while her face twisted into a scowl.

She hated aurors. Loathed them with a passion and had never gotten along with those bloody arses who thought they knew everything. And this one was no different! Her nostrils flared just at the thought.

After what seemed like an eternity filled with glares and scowls from each party, the older Scamander heaved a sigh before saying:

"My loyalty is with the Ministry, no matter what happens," his eyes were opaque with hostility, "but I can't deny my brother. I'll help you find Yasmin if you tell me what's going on."

Another impending silence followed as the pair digested his words. Lila turned it over through her head as she thought of the worst case scenario that could happen out of this. Really, it wasn't like she had anything to lose, not when she'd already lost everything in the first place. She was stuck in a time period way before her own and had no idea how this was going to play out for her and the people around her.

So she opened her mouth and blurted it out.

"I come from 2020 and I was accidentally thrown back in time."