It was confusing, really. Why would you want to be a powerful person yet not have the power to defend everyone you hold dear? Not only that but you could be replaceable. The end of the Targaryens proved that.

Now, the dragon is dead while the stag rules over all, and a lion will be his queen.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted, halting her in her steps when an amused voice spoke up.

"Well, well, shouldn't you be fitting your wedding attire?"

°•°•°•°•°•°

"My king, which would you prefer?" The man making his wedding attire raised two pieces of cloth. "This one or this one?"

Robert looked to see almost two identical pieces, both very gold, both very regal. They both made him look like a golden peacock.

"Just pick whatever," Robert grumbled, his patience wearing thin.

He had been trying on different things and when he finally found something almost suitable, at that exact moment he had been drinking, he spilled the red wine. All over the tunic.

"You must decide on which is best. You are the ki-" Jon started to say, his annoyance already going over the roof.

"I am the king? I know, as you always tend to remind me." Robert exclaimed, stepping off the small podium in front of the mirror.

Robert was sure that everyone in the room was already irritated by him, by his constant outbursts and his wine drinking. Jon was about done with him and the man making his tunic was the same.

He could not help it though. He could not pretend for all their sakes that he wanted to get married the next day.

"Very well, that one." Robert finally sighed, giving in and pointing to the black and gold cloth. "Are we done now?"

Jon closed his eyes and let out an exasperated breath. Sometimes it was just so fun for Robert to annoy him that he almost laughed out loud. "Very well, I think we are done anyway."

Robert grabbed a goblet, downed it, and raised it in Jon's direction. "Cheers, I shall see you tomorrow."

Leaving the chamber, he had been planning on going outside, perhaps to look at the pretty ladies walking in the garden. However, when he tried to go outside, the Kingsguard moved to follow him.

He had forgotten about them. "You may stay here, I'm not planning to go far, just down that hallway."

Robert did not wait for their reply and walked down the hallway in the opposite direction of the garden. Maybe he would find a pretty maiden inside instead.

It seems he was lucky or unlucky, maybe, when he spotted a familiar golden-haired maiden, seemingly out of nowhere.

Livia Lannister, who seems to be stuck in her thoughts that she did not notice him approaching.

He had been avoiding her ever since he heard the news that Lord Tywin agreed to their match.

Was it shame? Or regret? Anger? Nevertheless, he could not avoid her forever, especially when they are to be wed the next day.

When she became near enough, Robert decided to speak. "Well, well, shouldn't you be fitting your wedding attire?"

°•°•°•°•°•°