Tafseer Surah Al-Kahf: Lesson 2

🌻People differ in what inspires them to correct themselves — love, reward, or fear.

🌻Most people are not inspired to correct themselves by Allâh’s love alone; more people are inspired to act upon good for reward — but most people correct themselves upon fear of punishment.

🌻The one who sins will prefer to read the soft verses that speak of Jannah, but he should read the verses of punishment to instill taqwa in his heart, so that he may be inspired to correct himself.

🌻Correcting the belief that Allâh had offspring of any kind was one of the main purposes of the Qur‘ân—the Christians claimed ’Îssa (عليه السلام) was his son and the Jews claimed the same about Uzayr (عليه السلام), and the disbelievers of Makkah claimed the angels were his daughters.

🌻It doesn’t make logical sense for Allah to have a son; for the son can only be a God or a creation — there is no in between, and the Lord cannot be a creation, for then His creator is more powerful than Him.

🌻To say Allâh has a son is the most powerful words of ignorance and evil, so much si that those who have logic and intellect will be shocked by the idea it.

🌻Da’wah (calling to Allâh) is ’ibâdah (worship); but it is not permissible to neglect the rights of yourself or those around you in its cause.

🌻The world was created to test those who are best in deeds. The tests and trials are to distinguish those who sincerely believe.

🌻The dunyâ is beauty and distraction, temporary. The believer walks a balance between reality and the dunyâ.

🌻The fitan that can take you away from the deen is the distraction of the worldly life and will not benefit you.

🌻The worldly life will not benefit you, except for what was for the sake of Allâh.

🌻The revelation of Al-Kahf was the answer to the three questions asked to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) by the Makkans on instruction by the Jews.

🌻There was a duration of around twenty-five days before the revelation, because the Prophet did not mention Allâh and said, “I will answer you tomorrow.”

🌻The people of the cave is only one of the miraculous signs. The creation of the human being and the heavens is more amazing than the story of the cave.

(Lessons from Tafseer of Sûrah Al-Kahf; taught by Dr. ’Isâm ibn Sâlih Al’Uwayd)