冬 : regrets

Começar do início

she looked down, "i hope i didn't break our friendship."

and then, silence.

two minutes had passed and sakura didn't hear a word coming from chaeyeon. she just looked down on her food as she waited for some response. there's an actual possibility that chaeyeon might end their friendship, and she doesn't like that.

"uhm, hey. i know you were surprised but-"

"i like you, too." chaeyeon cuts her word. chaeyeon was looking down, too. sakura can see how chaeyeon's cheeks reddened and she wanted to chuckle with that.

since that day they confessed to each other, they started being with together. both of them were happy and sakura couldn't wish for more, the euphoric feeling she felt was too much to handle.

sakura was in the locker room that time when yeonha, her random classmate suddenly approached her.

"sakura, i saw chaeyeon with yena yesterday on a café. do you think they're dating?" the girl muttered, organizing some stuffs inside her locker.

sakura just shrugged. she doesn't know what's happening but she felt a sting of pain inside her chest. she felt hurt.

after she took a shower, she bumped into her bed as she was typing a message for chaeyeon on her phone.

she waited for a few moment but the girl haven't replied. sakura kept on telling herself that maybe chaeyeon's just busy.

a month had passed and it was completely different. chaeyeon was always busy. it's either she's doing a project or she would hang out with the others. sakura can feel the gap between her and chaeyeon. it was different, totally.

sakura can't handle things anymore. she feel lost. she can't feel chaeyeon's presence anymore. everything had changed, also her feelings.

"this won't work, let's just break up."

chaeyeon's eyes widen, hearing those from sakura with her cold stare was slowly breaking her up into pieces.

"you're always busy! you don't have any time left for me! it's always your fucking projects and other stuffs!" sakura yelled, with her brows knitted as she coldly stared at chaeyeon.

"sakura, i can explain-"

"let's end this!" after that, sakura left. not even paying attention on chaeyeon's explanation. she had enough, it's better to end that this way.

chaeyeon was left behind. tears fall from her eyes. she was doing those for their sake. she studied hard just to join sakura's dream university in japan. she doesn't want them to be apart so she worked her ass off just to pass that exam. but it looks like everything was just a waste now. the japanese didn't even let her explain.

maybe two months had passed after that incident happened, sakura had finally knew the truth. yena told her everything. chaeyeon was studying hard that made her busy. she wanted to join the same school as the japanese's, that's why. yena was the one who helped chaeyeon to enter that university and helped her to get in the entrance exam.

sakura regrets everything. she cried the whole night. chaeyeon had been doing all of that by herself. it must be so hard and tough for her.

the japanese tried to contact chaeyeon, but it looks like she changed her cellphone number already. she decided to go to chaeyeon's house, but they said she was at the mall.

and they were right, chaeyeon was at the mall, together with eunbi. they looked happy together, it looks like they were dating. sakura can see how happy chaeyeon was as of now.

a tear escaped from her eyes as she exited the mall. running away as fast as she could. as soon as she gets into her house, she cried in her room and cursed how stupid she was.

she regrets everything.

"are you happy now?"

sakura glanced at hyewon - her bestfriend, who's sitting beside her, questioning her again with those questions. she knew hyewon would actually ask her everyday, eversince that day happened.

the japanese nodded, "yes, of course i am." she muttered. when in the reality, she's actually not.

edit: hi, the part two of this one shot was already posted entitled "acceptance", you can find it on my profile. thank you for reading, ilysm!

- lemon.