Chapter eleven- Promise

Start from the beginning

"Now if any Kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to 'em, look 'em right in the eye and," JJ said waiting for Pope to respond.

"Deny the living shit out of it." Pope said making Sage roll her eyes even though she knew he was right.

"That's right. Deny. Deny. Deny. But for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection." JJ said pointing to the gun.

After awhile JJ and Sage brought Pope home. They went with him just Incase Topper and Rafe decided to pop up out of know where and jump him.

"Okay let head over to your house, I think I'm gonna crash at there tonight." JJ started to say.

"No." She said making him turn around, confused. "I-I can't go back there."

"Why?" JJ asked worried.

"John B was taking to foster care, JJ. He told me to run. I did. There could be police officers there waiting for me. And I can't help John B if I'm in jail or a different foster care."  She as JJ look at her in shock.

"Uhh ok," JJ said trying to process this new information. "Ok I think we should carefully go to your house. Just to see if there's anyone there. I think foster care would be out on the streets looking for you. They wouldn't expect you to go back to your own home." He planned.

Sage thought about for a moment before nodded.

"Okay. Okay." She said. JJ grabbed her hand and they walked to her house. When they arrived they walked close to it carefully.

"No sign of anyone." JJ whispered. Sage looked around.

"Let's go." Sage said walking inside. They looked around and there was nobody in there. Sage walked into John Bs room and found a note sticking out from under his pillow. She looked at it.

To Bean,

If you find this you're probably back home and safe. Those stupid social workers aren't gonna think you would go back home. Anyway, thank you for running. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I promise I'll see you again. They'll be looking for you so be careful okay. Stick with the Pogues. I promise to get out of this mess and come back. I love you bean.

From, Bird.

"Hey there's no one here. We're safe." JJ said walking in noticing the note Sage was holding.
"What's that?"

Sage smiled as a tear dropped from her eye, "He knew I would be back here." She said with a little scoff.

JJ walked behind her and hugged her from behind. She leaned back into his chest as he rested his head on her head.

"Do you think he'll actually find a way out of this one?" Sage asked JJ. He turned her around and looked at her.

"John B?" JJ asked looking at her. "Yeah, he always finds away." He said smiling. "Come on you should get some rest."

She went into her room while JJ went to pull out the couch. She grabbed a big shirt from her draw, which means it was either her brothers or JJs. Which is normal since John B doesn't know how to take care of his clothes and JJ spends so many nights here he basically has a draw to himself.

She grabbed sweatpants and placed them on her bed. She lifted her shirt, living her in her bikini top. She went to until it but it was stuck in the knot.

"Need help?" She heard someone making her jump. She turned around and saw JJ leaning on her door frame, smirking.

"JJ! I could have been naked!" Sage exclaimed.