Chapter two- Agatha ya bitch

3rd POV

"Ok John and Sage it's come to our attention that you two are un emancipated minors living on your own" The women said as Sage and her brother sat in the women's office.

They've done this before, nothing new. Social workers try and put them in foster care, they make up a lie saying that they're Uncle was still taking care of them. They do this to basically stay in Outer Banks.

"No, no," John B lied while Sage gave the women a really look.

"I need honesty, to help you guys." The social worker said to the two. They both nodded. "That's what we all want, right?" She asked.

"Yeah." John B answered.

"We're being honest." Sage said joining in on John Bs lie.

"Okay, then when is the last time you spoke to your uncle?" The social worker asked not believing the two teens.

"Uh 34 minutes ago." John B answered looking at the nonexistent watch on his wrist. Yes there were bracelets, but not a watch.

"When's last you saw him?" The social worker asked.

"Two hours and, 43 minutes ago?" Sage lies trying to make it look like she thinking of when the last time she saw her Uncle. The social worker looked at the two.

"Guys, we're gonna come out there tomorrow to talk to your uncle." She said to them, "If he's not there we're gonna move forward with foster care. I want to assure you, we're gonna find you both a safe and loving home." She finished.

They two twins looked at each, knowing they'll find a way out of this situation. Which they did. You see later hurricane Agatha came the same day DCS was supposed to do the twins assessment, making the DCS have to reschedule.

Later when the storm finally came, Pope, John B and Sage ran to the beach with their surfboards.

"It's a double overhead out there, bro!" John B exclaimed as it poured.

"Double overhead?" Pope asked as him and Sage caught up to boy looking at the waves that were crashing into each other.

"Those aren't surfable waves, guys." Pope warned the twins.

"Says who?" John B said laughing as he ran out to the ocean, excitement written all over his face.

"You going?" Pope asked the short girl who was watching her brother jump into the waves. She smirked and looked at her friend.

"Can't let my brother be the cooler twin, now can I?" She asked through the ran as she laughed and ran to go surf the surge with her brother.

"You're and idiot! And your brother is too!" Pope yelled out as the two sibling started to surf the dangerous current.

After awhile they gave up, out of breath. John B looked at something in the distance and his sister started to swim to shore.

"Hey you coming?" She yelled to him. He looked at her and then back were he saw the boat. It had disappeared. He shook it off and swam to shore.

Sage woke up the next morning and turned into her other shoulder. She then spotted a head full of blonde hair next to her making her jump and sit up.

"God JJ where did you come from?" She asked realizing it was her best friend next her.

"I showed up, both of you guys were sleeping and I was too tired to pull out the couch." He muttered still half asleep. "Besides," he said has hugged his pillow, "your bed is comfy."

Sage rolled her eyes as she stood up and put some flip flops on and walked out of her room. John B was walking to the door the goes into the backyard.