Chapter eighteen- Cats Ass

3rd POV

"He said it looked something like this." Kie said showing Sarah and Sage the drawing of their plan to get all the gold. "That's 50 feet down and they're using 100 feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go, straight to the gold room."

The three girls laughed at the map. It made no sense whatsoever.

"Who drew this?" Sarah asked laughing.

"Who do you think?" Kie said also laughing as the three girls looked at Pope and John B who were outside.

"Sage this better work." JJ said walking up to the girls who were sitting in the car.

"We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it." JJ said dropping the two pieces of gold.

"Trust me, it's gonna work." Sage said smirking, hold a fire torch. After they put the gold in a pan and Sage started to melt the gold.

When she was done the gold was oddly shaped but the wheat symbol was gone. After that the group got into the car and headed to the pawn shop.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr Frankenstein." JJ said sarcastically as the group got out of the car.

"Like you could've done better." Sage said.

"I could have done much better." JJ stated. "I took a wielding class."

"You took a wielding class?" Sage said not believing it. "When?"

"Both of you shut up." John B said. "Chill out."

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ said holding up the clump of gold. "How did I get this job anyway?"

"Cause you're the best liar." Pope said.

The walked in after JJ, pretending to look around as JJ started to talk to the lady. They watched as JJ talked to the lady.

"Okay to be honest ma'am, it's really hard to see my mom fall apart with Alzheimer's." JJ said making Kie and Sage look at each other with a confused look.

The lady went to the back of the store for a minute and Sage looked to JJ. He looked back at her and winked right before the lady came back out.

After a bit more talking the lady told them they could get the money at the store's warehouse. So they group got into the car and left heading to the warehouse.

"So they keep the money out here?" Pope asked looking out the window.

"That's what she said." JJ said before chuckling, "ha, that's what she said."

"Stop." Pope told JJ making Sage chuckle at JJs reference to The Office.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah said.

"Cause you're rich." JJ stated casually.

"You've never heard of it either." Sage told him.

"Thank you." Sarah thanked Sage.

"There's nothing but weeds back here." Kie said looking out the window.

"All right just cause it's just weeds doesn't mean it's like," JJ started before they heard a siren making him stop. They looked and saw a cop car behind them.

"Cops? Out here?" Kie asked.

"Are you kidding me?" JJ exclaimed.

"What did we do?" Sarah asked confused.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope asked concerned.

"Stash that." John B and Sage said to JJ who was trying to hide the gold.