One Bed?

3rd Person POV

"Merlin," Arthur stretched while Merlin took off his armor, "you know that you are absolutely useless right?"

"Of course sire," Merlin gave him a grin, "unless it comes to saving you in every circumstance we find ourselves in." Arthur laughed at him, gently shoving his shoulder, "You are useless in every sense of the word."

"Just as you are a dollop-head in every sense of the word." Merlin set Arthurs gear and armor on the floor near the small fireplace. He added another log as Arthur came up behind him, "How many times do I have to warn you about addressing me like that? Merlin."

Merlin shrugged Arthur's hand off of his back, "Or else what? Is the prat threatening me?" Merlin scrunched his nose up, teasing him.

Arthur POV

While Merlin made dumb faces at me, I watched as the rim of his pants began to catch on fire, as they had been covered in dry grass from the field. "Merlin!" I tackled him to the floor, and smothered the flame, "careful!"

Merlin quickly dusted off his pants, apologizing for the mess. I noticed we had scattered the items he had stacked by the fire, and he began to pick up everything. "You need to keep your ankle under cold water Merlin," I grabbed his arm and sat him down on the bed, "just how many times are you planning to get hurt during this mission?"

"I was hoping none at all, ah!" He winced and tried to pull away as I wrapped his ankle in a cold, soaked cloth. "There, and now i've had to care for you twice." I sat down on the end of the bed, "I feel as if it's supposed to be the other way around." 

Merlin's smile faded, he pressed his back into the pillow and turned to look at the fireplace. "We should sleep, it's getting late." He patted the space next to him, just enough for me to squeeze in next to him, "No way am I sleeping next to you, Merlin," I huffed at him from where I sat.

He kicked at me from under the blanket and picked his jacket up from the floor, making a barrier in the middle of the bed, "There!" He gestured at his useless jacket, "better?"

I gave a deep sigh before stripping my shirt off, "Fine, but only because I refuse to sleep on the floor." Trying not to accidentally push Merlin out of the bed, I slid into the opposite side. His jacket did next to nothing as a wall, our shoulders were still practically glued together.

"Merlin?" He gave a hum in response as we laid, staring up at the wooden ceiling. "I went looking for you.. Because I was worried about you." I heard him shift and turned to find us face to face, noses almost touching.

"Oh really?" Merlin raised his eyebrows dramatically with a goofy smirk on his face, "You? Worried about a lowly servant like me?" I bit my lip, wanting to admit that I thought much more of him than just a man servant.

The bed creaked as he shifted to lay on his back again, a deafening silence filled the air. Merlin blew out the candle sitting on the table next to him and we were left in the warm glow of the dying fire across the room.

Before long, I heard a soft snoring coming from Merlin, accompanied by deep breathing. He rolled towards me, his leg falling over mine while the blanket sled off. I quickly reached to grab it and my face came within an inch of his. I took in his features up close, his long eyelashes brushed together, his narrow eyebrows creased. 

 I set the blanket over him and found myself brushing his bangs away with my free hand. Before I could stop myself, I leaned forward to place a light kiss on his cheek. As I grew closer, Merlin shifted again and my lips brushed against his for a moment. His eyes fluttered open and he gave me a wide-eyed, confused look. My face burned and I tried to explain myself, just as I opened my mouth to speak, he pulled me in and planted a kiss on my lips.

---------

Authors Note: Sorry to end it like that! I didn't want this chapter to be suddenly longer than the others so you'll just have to keep reading and find out what happens. <3 <3 Also! Thank you to anyone who is actually interested in reading all of my nonsense!! <3 <3