Frisk wasn't able to tell what really happened as she was struggling to get some air again. Her vision went from blurry to normal. She had trouble getting up to get away from the King.

Sans saw her struggling and hurried over to her. "We have to go, now!" He helped her up by grabbing her wrist and practically forcing her to her feet. He didn't mean to seem rude towards her, but he was freaked out since he was back to his senses.

Frisk tried keeping up. Sans was actually really fast compared to the Sans she had known. But the place started to shift due to the chaos that they ran into a corner. As they turned around, there was the King. He had a lot of spades summoned and his chain out. He put out a wide smile.

"Checkmate." The King laughed.

....

As Kris ran away to escape from the King, Frisk's expressions towards her comes to mind. Why would she protect her like that? After Kris had tried to kill her?

This feeling...

Overwhelming sensation of guilt came across her.

(Ugh! No! I shouldn't pity! I shouldn't-) Kris's thoughts were interrupted.

"Kris!" It was Susie's voice. She had gotten away somehow. "What was that all about?!"

Kris just stayed quiet. This is the Kris Susie has known before Frisk. The real Kris. The quiet and creepy faced Kris. She would always hardly say anything to Susie. All Kris did was look away in an irritated way.

"Annoying." Kris mumbled underneath her breath.

"What was that?" Susie took a step forward. "What the heck is wrong with you? Don't you see how bad this is?!"

Her memories came flooding back. Of before she traveled with the fun gang. She was so mean to everyone. She didn't know what friendship was. They helped her to change into someone who was nicer.

"Look," Susie started with a sigh. "I know this whole thing is confusing for you. But we all still want to be your friend! Traveling with the fun gang helped me when I needed it. If I can change then I know for SURE that you can!" She said angrily.

"That wasn't me!" Kris snapped. "It was all a lie! It was that stupid Frisk girl! She robbed everything and everyone from me! No one would be that way to me before all of that. Just go to her and leave me alone! I hate yours and everyone's pity!"

Her fists clenched and she looked down. "I'm not a Lightner. I probably only became that way because of her!"

"You really think that means anything to us? To anyone? You were there to whole time even though you couldn't talk to us! You're part of the gang!" Susie kicked a nearby rock out of anger. "The only one who thinks any less of you is yourself!"

"I only became that way because of her!" Kris argued. "You didn't even care for me until she came into the picture. You and everyone else would give me the cold shoulder!"

Kris would think back on her pranks with people. Some people wouldn't take it lightly for her being a prankster. She also feels like it was due to the fact she is a human. If something triggered her, she would go into a mental breakdown. Causing more monsters to look at her in disgust. She was deemed as the creepy and quiet kid growing up. Her hatred grew and she became colder around people other than her adopted family. She made it aware that she couldn't care for anyone but herself and her family. Her family has always been so patient and caring towards her being this way. They would even laugh at her mischief. The mean pranks were towards outside of her family. Susie was always mean to Kris. Honestly, she was intimidated by her because she was creepier than her.