Chapter 14: Welcome

Start from the beginning

Technically speaking, what Sai had said was true. But it didn't mean he wanted to reminded of that everytime he saw him.

He looked at the two of them interact. Were they together?  If they were, he would no doubt be seeing them more than he ever wanted to. Ino and Sakura were best friends, and from what he remembered, where he went Sakura would go, and Ino would follow and now this excuse of his replacement.

He could feel a headache coming on just by standing here, until the blonde finally spoke.

"Sakura isn't in the village. She's in Sunagakure for some time."

Suna? Okay so he knew that she wouldn't be sitting around waiting for him, he knew she had a life here and tons of things to manage. But he was kind of looking forward to her being the first one he'd see as she welcomed him back.

"I didn't ask." The Uchiha played it off. Turning to walk away he heard Sai saying "Typical." to Ino.

Not bothering with a remark, he found himself looking for the next less obnoxious but equally annoying blonde.

Only problem was, he didn't particularly know where Naruto lived... Especially with him being married, he assumed they must've moved into a new apartment or at least out of the original one Naruto had lived in growing up.

His best bet was at Ichiraku. If the knucklehead wasn't there, he would give up and just report to Kakashi like he was suppose to in the first place.

Bingo.

He didn't need to look twice to know his friend. His chakra was concealed, so he casually sat down on the available seat next to him without noticing.

It was only then that the Uchiha saw the girls that were crowding around Ichiraku, were actually crowding Naruto.

Heh, who would've thought.

He wanted to roll his eyes at the blondes obliviousness, as it had been five minutes he was there and Naruto still hadn't noticed his presence.

"Can I get you someth- Oh Sasuke! It's good to see you!" The old man who owned Ichiraku greeted, which was only then that spikey haired blonde turned around.

"Was seeing how long you could last." He grinned widely.

So he had actually seen him all this time? Now he really wanted to roll his eyes at the blondes antics.

"SASUKE!" He shouted in glee, making the Uchiha wince.

"Dobe."

"Welcome back!" He said, throwing his arm around him.

"Seriously, if I'd known all you needed was a simple letter to come back, I'd have written that thing years ago." He joked playfully.

The two of them talked over a stemming bowl of ramen, while it was more Naruto talking with Rinnegan user nodding occasionally.

"Don't you have a wife?" Sasuke finally asked incredulously, as the girls who were surrounding Naruto, began to take notice of him.

He decided not to answer, the blonde would figure it out eventually. He imagined how Hinata would feel if she saw that, but he didn't know her enough, and he dismissed the thought.

The blonde animatedly talked about whatever was on his mind, finally content that his brother was back.

'So the dobe accepted the offer.' he thought, seeing Naruto making overexaggerated motions with both his hands as he spoke. 'He deserves it.'

______________

Before Sakura left, she made sure to say goodbye to the team she had worked with effortlessly for the past week.

She promised she'd visit soon, and even took down Rukias phone number.

Sakura joked it wouldn't be the last time she'd see Temari. If anything, she'd see her more often, except the next time, it would be in Konoha and with a certain lazy boy trailing behind.

Temari had blushed all shades of red while her brothers eyed her suspiciously to which she quickly denied anything.

After the long journey, the pinkette could see the outline of village from afar.

'Finally.' she thought exhausted. All she wanted was a nice hot shower, then she would go the hospital.

Even though she was back two days earlier than what was originally planned, she figured it wouldn't be a problem if she slipped back into work without Shizune noticing.

Letting her backpack hang lazily from one shoulder as she walked, waiting to drop it on her living room floor as soon as she got in.

She greeted one of the merchants she usually passed everytime she left the village. He was cleverly situated right at the gate so that anyone leaving or entering would be distracted  and likely buy something along.

"Welcome home."

Her heart almost stopped as she recognized that voice instantly.

Unaware to the fact that the Uchiha had been actually waiting all day for her to return. Sitting hidden on one of the trees near the village gate with a perfect view.

He jumped down, landing right infront of her as she walked. The pinkettes backpack unknowing slid down her arm and before it hit the grass, Sasuke quickly caught from her reaction. Or lack thereof.

No doubt in surprise.

"You... you're here?" She asked, the confusion quickly turning into a lost happiness, causing her to smile.

She thought how he ironically welcomed her home.

"Thank you." She said softly, squeezing her hands into fists to prevent from hugging him right then and there.

It seems they had switched greetings.

•••••••

Heeeey...So here's the new chapter!
Like freakishly early, but I actually had fun writing this one even though I wrote it at like three this morning 😳😃

Thank you guys so much for voting and commenting on this book. It honestly means so much to me, that you'd actually take time out of your day to read the work I put out🥺.

Hopefully we can get to 10k by May😀 it's abit of a stretch, but hey it's good to set goals!

Stay safe and wash your hands💚💜🖤

~LiEmerald
Posted: 25 April 2020
11:40am