"Hi Zeke!" she squealed, running up and hugging her big brother. She felt like she hadn't seen him in forever. "I missed you, man," she pouted.

"I missed you too, twin

"I missed you too, twin. How you been? How's Philly?" he asked her, grabbing her bag and putting it in the trunk of his car.

"I'm good! Philly is good, work is even better. Working in the NFL is crazy, Z. I can't wait till y'all come for the Skins game. Daddy's gonna kill me though, my friends and Amere bully me into wearing Eagles jerseys," she chuckled.

"Oh yeah, he gon whoop yo' ass," Zeke laughed loudly. "You talked to him lately?" he asked, as they left DCA and made their way back to his house, which was in Northeast.

"Um...not really," she admitted. "You been goin' to see him?" she asked.

"Yup, EJ always asking for him," Zeke chuckled. "You gotta start calling him, Yanni,"

"He can call me too, Z. I'm his kid," she rolled her eyes. "We don't even have a problem! He's just mad his wife is an id—"

"E'ani," Zeke laughed. "Stop insulting that man's wife. You don't have to even talk to her when you call him, just talk to him,"

"You know he'll find a way to sneak her in there, Z," she huffed.

E'ani and her father had always been close, ever since she was a little girl. When her parents got divorced, she remained close with them both, never picking sided between her mom and dad. But when her dad got married again, she never got along with her stepmom.

It wasn't that her stepmom ever did anything to harm her physically. She was just overly critical of every move E'ani made. She was judgemental, she made smart remarks about everything. E'ani felt micromanaged by her every second of the day.

Her mother didn't raise her that way, and neither did her dad. They raised her to be whatever kind of girl she wanted to be, and if she wanted to change it a million and one times they allowed it. Her stepmother made her feel like she needed to fit into a very specific box or she was doing everything wrong. She hated that feeling, and her dad would just say 'she wants the best for you, baby'. Her dad truly didn't understand, and still didn't when she didn't come around as much, or tell him things until they were already done.

She had no problem with her father, he just didn't understand her anymore.

"Just go see him, Yanni. He misses you,"

 He misses you,"