Chapter 6

"You..." Y/n started, his eyes wide until he sighed. "Jeez, I owe you so much already."

Kuroo chuckled. "I'll wait for my payment after you're rich."

"Rich?"

"Yeah. Do you know how much money a professional volleyball player makes?"

"No way."

"Why not? You're talented enough. I think you got what it takes to be put in the V.League Division."

"Yeah, right."

"Well, if you got that attitude, then it's guaranteed not to happen."

A faint smile tugged at his lips, releasing a breath of air through his nose. "Whatever... Let's just go to sleep."

Y/n let himself fall back onto the futon and pulled the blanket over his body. Kuroo rolled his eyes playfully and decided to go to sleep as well. He turned around on his side, staring at the wall in front of him. Soon enough, he heard soft snores and assumed Y/n had fallen asleep already. He sighed to himself, pulling the blanket closer to himself.

Something has definitely changed. Y/n's never asked to stay an extended amount of time over at my house... Even back when we were kids...sleepovers were never more than just a day or two. I don't mind it, but...it bothers me to see him so stressed out. I don't know...if what I'm doing...does anything to help him in some way...

--

Y/n's father grabbed his coat and put it on, glancing at his wife. "What's wrong now?"

"It's oddly quiet."

He sighed in irritation. "What did you think? After yesterday, you'd hardly think they'd be making lots of noise. Now, let's go. Best not to wake them."

She continued standing there, her arms crossed as she narrowed her gaze on the stairs leading to the second floor of the house. "Enough. Let's go."

She rolled her eyes and turned on her heel, following her husband out the door. She brushed past him, her heels clacking behind her as she walked down the paved walkway, over to the car. He sighed at her behavior and grabbed some money from his pocket, setting it down on the table beside the door before leaving.

"Hurry up. We'll be late for our business meeting with Y Company's CEO."

"That's enough out of you, woman. If you're in such a hurry, I'm sure you would love to drive the car."

"Just drive."

He rolled his eyes as she turned her attention out the window. He settled down in his seat and pulled out of the driveway. "And you wonder why Y/n's so rebellious and disrespectful towards you."

--

"Oh? Good morning, Y/n."

"Morning, Auntie," he said, yawning as he walked into the kitchen.

"How did you sleep?"

"So-so."

"That's not very good," she said as she placed a plate full of sizzling food in front of him. "Eat up."

"Thanks."

He gulped, seeing the very delicious-looking breakfast that had been set in front of him. The aroma was making his mouth water. He hadn't had someone make him breakfast in a long time. If anything, he had a quick toasted bread with [jam/peanut butter/butter/lechera/etc.] before dashing to school every day. Tetsurou's mother giggled at the sight.

"Go ahead and dig in. It won't bite you."

"Right..."

He began eating the food, his eyes immediately lighting up as the wonderfully-flavored food invaded his taste buds. He chewed for a bit, savoring the taste before gulping down the food in his mouth. "How is it?"

"It's...really good," Y/n muttered.

This moment made him realize how long it had been since he had eaten a proper breakfast. A meal prepared by the hands of a loving mother who cared very much for her children. It was a feeling...he thought he'd never feel again. Tetsurou's mother sensed his change in behavior and side-hugged him.

"Auntie...?"

"As long as you're here, you're welcome to think of me as your second mother."

His eyes widened at that. The moment was interrupted when a loud yawn came about. They both turned to see Tetsurou walk in. "Hmm? What's this?"

She grinned suddenly. "What? I can't show some motherly love to my son?"

"Son?" Y/n muttered in confusion.

"Oh? Guess that makes you my brother now, huh, Y/n? And then, if I really think about it, wouldn't that make S/n-chan my sister? Yes, yes. If that's the case, I have to act as her bodyguard as well, right?"

"What are you going on about, Tetsu?"

He laughed. "I'm kidding. But, I will say that S/n-chan's like a sister to me. And I've always seen you as like a brother, so I guess this new arrangement doesn't change much from before."

She moved away from Y/n and went back to the stove. Tetsurou sat down in the chair across from Y/n. "Ma, hurry up, will ya? Y/n and I have morning practice today."

"Don't rush me," she said, turning her head momentarily to give him an angelic smile that was not so angelic. "You're welcome to leave with an empty stomach."

"Alright, alright."

They heard footsteps approaching and saw S/n walk in, rubbing her eyes. "Good morning, S/n. How'd you sleep?"

"Good morning, Auntie. I slept fine. Thank you for letting us stay."

"It's no problem, sweetie. Here. Eat up. I'll be taking you to school today."

She set down a plate in front of Tetsurou and another in front of S/n. Y/n finished up his food and excused himself, saying he was gonna get changed. He headed down the hall, to Tetsurou's room, grabbing his clothes before walking to the bathroom.

"Hey, S/n-chan?"

"Yes?"

"What happened yesterday?"

She stopped reaching for her glass of orange juice, becoming a little hesitant. "Umm... Well..."

"Y/n hasn't brought up the details. Please. Tell me so I can help you guys out."

"Hey! It's clearly none of your business if they didn't tell you anything!" his mother scolded, smacking the back of his head.

"Ack! What?!"

She glared at him. S/n gripped onto the fabric of her pajama pants, catching their attention. "I...don't know if you can do anything..."