Chapter 5

Y/n grabbed his phone. Just as he was about to dial Kuroo's number, he hesitated.

Should I...?

He thought about it for a minute before beginning to dial. It rung for a while before the person on the other side picked up. "Y/n, what's up?"

"Hey, Tetsu. Umm..."

"Something wrong?"

"Listen...I hate to ask this of you, but...is there a chance...I could stay over for the night."

"I don't mind. But, what's with the sudden question?"

"I just... Y'know... Wanted to cool off for a bit."

"Let me guess... You got into it with your 'changed' parents...?"

"Something like that..."

"Sure. You're welcome to stay as long as you want. Well, that's me. I have no idea what my parents will say, but I'm sure it'll be fine. They know you very well, after all. I'll go pick you up--"

"No. I...don't want to be caught."

"Hmm... In that case, sneak out. I'll meet you by the street corner where we split off. I think we can compromise and let S/n have the guest room. And before you say anything, yes, I knew your sister was coming along too."

"Sorry..."

"Don't worry about it. It's why I'm your friend. See ya in a little bit."

"Yeah. I'll text you when we get there."

"Bye."

Y/n stayed in his room until he heard the door to his 'parents' room close. He peeked out. It was dark and quiet. He took this chance and quietly made his way to S/n's room. He softly knocked. He heard petite footsteps approach the door. As soon as it opened, S/n looked surprised. "Nii-chan...?"

The h/c-ette put his finger up to his lip. He stepped inside and closed the door behind him. "What's going on?"

"Listen to me. We're leaving."

"Huh? But, where?"

"You remember Tetsu, right?"

"Tetsuro-nii...?"

"Grab your stuff... Please, only necessities."

S/n glanced back at her piano, rubbing her arm. She then looked back at Y/n and nodded. "Okay..."

He ruffled her hair. "I promise I'll buy you an even better one."

She smiled. Without another word, he left the room, S/n beginning to pack a bag. He gathered his own stuff and slipped on a dark hoodie to conceal himself in the cover of the darkness. He slung his bag over his shoulder and quietly headed to S/n's room. She unlocked the door for him once she had finished putting on some dark clothes as well. She didn't own many things like that, so she had on a simple black tee. Y/n placed his black leather jacket over her shoulders before walking over to her window.

She put the jacket on as Y/n carefully opened the window and looked down. He turned to her. "I'll go down first. That way, I can catch you."

"What--"

"Do you trust me?"

"I...I do. You're my older brother."

"Then...you can believe that I'll catch you."

She was hesitant for a bit but nodded. Y/n looked down. He'd have to throw his bag down instead of bringing it down with him so he wouldn't be weighed down so much. "Alright. I'm going," Y/n said as he climbed out of S/n's window.