𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

Start from the beginning

"How do we fix them?" She asks, "Well, I chose to become a sociopath with a penchant for murder and mayhem. But I take it you might want to steer them in a different direction?" He jokes, "Uh, yeah." Kai looks behind Caroline and smiles at the young girl stood there, "well would you look at that it seems one of the twins have come to pay good old uncle Kai a visit." Caroline whirls around expecting to see one of her children only to be face to face with Arabella who was staring at her father in shock. "Aunt Caroline." She starts off looking between her aunt and her dad, "aunt Caroline?" Kai asks a bit confused, "I know that they're not technically yours but I thought they'd at least call you mom, and you know she actually looks exactly like-" he doesn't get to finish his sentence because another small girl appears, "daddy? You came back!" Kai's eyes widen as he locks eyes with the small girl who had his eyes.

"Hey girls why don't you go back upstairs." Caroline says nervous not knowing if now was the best time to tell Kai he was a father, she was waiting for Thea to come back and do that. Caroline tried to usher the children out of the room but Arabella glared at her, "let us see our daddy." She scowls angrily siphoning from the older blonde. "Arabella, mommy said we don't hurt family." Kaiara scolded her twin who then stopped. "Sorry aunt Caroline." Caroline shakes her head, "it's ok honey but you need to go back upstairs, and wait for your mom ok?" Arabella looked hesitant but Kaiara nodded and pulled her sister away.

Caroline turned back to Kai who was still stood there wide eyed watching the children's retreating figures, "Arabella?" He whispered to himself quietly, feeling the slight burn as tears form in his eyes, he took a seat on the bed behind him. "They're Thea's?" Caroline nods looking at him sympathetically, "and mine?" She nods again.

He smiles to himself the moment feeling bittersweet, on one hand he was happy to find out that he was a father, he had gotten what he wanted with the love of his life. But on the other hand he was devastated those girls were already so big, he'd missed out on everything, the important milestones like their first words and first steps. "What're their names?" He asks Caroline who sends him a hesitant smile, "Arabella and Kaiara Parker." She says making him laugh to himself, he had gotten his Arabella and Kai jr. "They're beautiful."

Caroline felt sorry for the man and so she stepped forward and let him out of the holding cell, "what're they like Caroline?" He asks wanting to know everything he possibly could about his daughters, Caroline smiled noticing how this was the first time he'd ever called her by her actual name. "Well as you just saw Arabella is a siphoner like you, but Kaiara is not." He nods wanting to know more "and-" just then Thea walked in, "hey Care I'm here whats so urgent?" She asks, stopping once she notices the figure beside her best friend.

"Kai?" She asks tearing up, a smile taking over her face as she looked at the love of her life. "Thea." He grins relieved to see her, without wasting a second she sprints and jumps into his arms, kissing him passionately. "Oh my god you're back." She grins as she pulls away and rests her forehead against his. "How are you back?" She asks, not even actually caring, all that she cared about was Kai and the fact that he had come back to her. "Cade brought me back to life." He shrugs giving Thea a smile as she kissed him once more.

"I-I need to tell you something." He says hesitantly knowing that what he was about to say would hurt his wife deeply. "To get Cade to bring me back to life I did something, something really bad." He says, Thea pulls away but gives him a smile, "it doesn't matter Kai all I care about is you and the fact that you're back." She assures him putting a hand on his cheek. "Thea...I gave Elena to Cade." Thea's heart stops for a second, feeling a crash in her amazing mood, "you did what?" She asks taking a step back, "Thea I'm sorry, I am but I couldn't go back to hell, I couldn't." He tells her desperately, afraid that she was going to stop loving him.