4. The Scent of My Soul

Start from the beginning

Sua had always wondered how to picture herself metaphorically. Looking through the lengthy mirrors as she danced, the 25-year-old found the closest realistic depiction of herself in the image of a very intense and uncontrolled fire. It was all aligning exceptionally well, almost as if she was stating the obvious.

"Did I just discover the scent of my soul?" The woman asked herself, unsure of having enough philosophical materials to answer.

The song started over for the third time. The 25-year-old slowly surrendered her body and mind to the music. It was a good way to begin maneuvering. Just like in a relationship, taking time to unfold desire was crucial. The brown-haired girl knew she had to convey sensuality in her sequence of steps, and push the carnality forward as the main component of her image. That was simply who she was.

She prepared herself sitting down, her left hand facing the mirrors, palm on the floor, her right hand loosely rested in between her thighs, the right leg arched a little higher than her left limb. The woman sang along the lyrics, watching closely her reflection in the looking glass, and monitoring prudently the lustful expression she was giving away. Her right hand secretly settled down to the right side, achieving a perfect symmetry with her left arm. In an instant, the sound of a stroke was heard; Sua had synchronized her upper chest frontward movement to it. It looked as if a heartbeat had taken a hold of her entire body. She counted in her head. On the fourth repetition of that sound, she slowly stood up, walking forward.

I don't belong to anyone but everybody knows my name.

Here it came, the first sequence of the song going wild and loud. Sua suddenly curved down in half, her hands forming a cross before her torso, legs spread wide opened and knees bent too. She promptly went back to her initial stance, still in tune. Her head turned to the right side, synchronizing with the spreading of her arms from the center of her body to each side. The woman's right hand came back to touch her skin in between the clavicles and extended with force in front of her, palm facing her attractive visage, before reaching back to the collar bones. Along with the new instrumental addition to the song, her right hand continued its ascension towards the opposite side of her head. Her face was slightly leaning over to the left while Sua's right arm was covering the edge of her head. As the rhythm accelerated, she frantically gripped her hair in order to drag her head to the right. Straight away, the same right upper limb followed along with the lengthening of the last word she sung by releasing her hair and imitating a push to the opposite side, at shoulder height, palm facing the exterior in a perfect ninety degrees. Sua let herself fall into the ground, all fingers sustaining her slim figure ready to rise again. She pushed on her wrists with all her might, the legs bending towards the exterior. The 25-year-old felt her body rising on its own. And indeed, her mirror image showed that it did. First, her legs stood for themselves. Closely, the abdomen uncurled at a slow pace. A heavy pant slipped through her red lips to punctuate the melody. It instantly gave the song a very intimate dimension. Her shoulder not yet visible appeared soon after. Lastly, Sua straightened up her head, eyes landing on her reflection. So far she loved the dance steps she had created for herself; her smirk sold her out.

"Wow!"

Sua jumped with surprise. She was supposed to be alone in the room. The woman instantaneously caught the foreign presence in the eyes of the mirror. Siyeon was sitting on the sole of her feet, the arms crossed on the top of her knees, next to their belongings. Her eyes were still shining and shimmering from having been able to contemplate her girlfriend excelling in her art of predilection. Sua's stern face crumbled down, revealing a gentle smile towards her interlocutor.

"너는 그것을 좋아하니?" Sua enquired while approaching her girlfriend, walking on all fours.
tr: do you like it?

"Like it?" Siyeon repeated while chuckling. "You're an accomplished artist, Sua. You are not only the most beautiful person on this planet, but you keep exceeding your limits every time you come back with a new project. Your Copycat cover won't be just any other choreography, 김수아-씨, it is going to be an experience! God knows what I've just felt shaking in my core!"
tr: Kim Sua-ssi