8. Close Calls and Revelations

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god." I leant on one of the windows.
"I'm sorry. Jennifer Im so so sorry. Please, forgive me." Sherlock said. I breathed out slowly, watching the condensation disappear I turned to Sherlock who looked very upset. "Well, since we are here and at the end of our lives I need to tell you something." I said hurriedly.

"Jennifer, I-" Sherlock began but I stopped him.

"Sherlock. I, for quite some time, have, um... Gosh why is it so hard for me to say this." I mumbled. I took a deep breath. "Sherlock for a very long time I've felt attracted to you and I didn't know how to ever tell you." I said so quickly I had to essay the sentence in my head.

Sherlock looked up at me and I could tell he was trying I suppress a smile. "Sherlock! This isn't a time for you to be smiling! I'm about I die you idiot!" I said turning away from him and wiping my eyes.

"I'm sorry Jennifer. I truly am." He said. I turned and looked at the timer. My heartbeat quickened as it said 0.30. Thirty seconds and my life is over. Sherlock frantically returned to try and dismantle the bomb by I knew all hope was lost. I put my head in my hands and began to cry. I felt Sherlock's hand on my shoulder and he spun me around. He pulled me close to him and held me tight.

After a while, I thought it seemed like a pretty long thirty seconds. I then heard Sherlock who had began chuckling. I pushed him away and frowned at him. I looked at the bomb which was flickering between 17 and 18 seconds. My eyes widened and I turned to Sherlock. "What the hell?!" I shouted pushing him a little.

"Your face..." He said giggling like an idiot.

"How fucking date you. I- I told you my biggest secret ever and you were tricking me all along?!" I shouted.

Sherlock wiped the tears from his eyes and said, "It was worth it though." I scowled at him.

"If you tell anyone I swear, I will personally kill you." I said flustered.

"I promise." He grinned. "I knew you liked me. I can read you like a book." He said. I swallowed. He knew all this time...

"There's an off switch. There's always an off switch. Terrorists can get into all sorts of problems unless there's an off switch." Sherlock explained. I nodded placing a hand on my head calming down.

"Hey." Sherlock said poking my arm.

"What?" I said looking at him.

"For the record, I only did this to see if you'd confess this." He chuckled. My mouth dropped open.

"You're a complete arse!" I said slapping his arm. He laughed and I let out a small laugh too.

Soon enough the police arrived. "You called the police?" I said in disbelief.

"Of course I called the police." He said jumping out the carriage. I followed him as shook my head. We left the police to dispose of the bomb properly.

***

Late that night Sherlock was with me as I walked home. "I still can't get over what you did." I muttered. Sherlock laughed. He stopped me and wrapped an arm around me.

"It was hilarious. And worth it. Now I know your true feelings, I didn't know you cared so much." He said pouting and putting his hand on his heart.

His touch was making me feel all warm inside, cheesy I know, but it was cold outside and I felt warm as he touched me. I swallowed and blushed slightly. "Well, that is irrelevant now, so, um..." I trailed off and Sherlock smirked. He brought his free hand to my cheek and used his thumb to rub my cheek gently. I swallowed and looked up at him. "Um, I should probably-"

"Shhhh. Don't worry." He said softly. I frowned and tried not to faint. He slowly leant down towards me and his lips brushed against mine. "What am I doing." He asked himself mumbling.

I swallowed and suddenly heard someone call me name. Sherlock let go of me and Holly approached us.

"Hey!" She said. "Who's this?" She asked.

"Uh, he-" I was cut off by Sherlock.

"I'm her uncle. How are you." Sherlock said smiling.

"Cool. And I'm good. I just came to visit you Jennifer." She said happily.

She didn't see what almost happened. Thank god! I sighed. "Yeah, well I need to get back home or I'd be grounded through to my afterlife as well as this life I am living now, so..." I trailed off and Holly nodded.

"Okay. Well, see you at school?" She said. I nodded. "Cool. Bye!" She 'smiled and walked away. I turned to Sherlock and he smiled.

"What?" He said.

"You know what. Sherlock I have a boyfriend, please don't do it." I said sighing.

"Why not? Afraid you'd give in to me?" He asked.

"Oh my god. Bye Sherlock. I need to go. I'll tell my parents you said hi." I mumbled opening the gate to the house.

"Nope. I'm coming too." He said following me.

I reached my door and knocked. My dad opened it.

"Hello. Jennifer. Sherlock. Come in." He said.

"Oh no. I best get back. Jennifer was a great help today. Perhaps she could come and help more. It'd keep her out of trouble, eh?" Sherlock said. I groaned a little too loud.

My dad heard this and thought it as a suitable punishment. "Yes. Thank you Sherlock. Tomorrow seems like a good place to start?" My dad said.

"Of course. I'll be here at 12.00 to pick her up." Sherlock grinned and then he left. What is he up to?

I went up to bed as my parents said they'd speak to me tomorrow about my "misbehaving."

As I lay in bed I thought about everything. Why did we almost kiss each other?

But the way his lips were almost touching mine I felt surges of electricity- Shut up. No way. Don't do this.

That's not supposed to happen. All because I told him I liked him. I thought my life was over. I can't handle this. He makes me feel weak and I succumb to his charms.

Why is he so perfect?!