46. Panicked Relief.

"Oh my god." Sherlock muttered as he saw them trying to bring her back to life.

Sam was crying and Jim held her while he silently sobbed.

Sherlock was gripping the door handle and watching through the window. "Come on Jen. Come on." He said under his breath. He swallowed and watched as they operated on Jennifer.

Suddenly Jennifer began to breathe again as the heart machine was picking up again.

Sherlock sighed and his grip on the door handle loosened. He looked at Jim and Jim sighed.

Sam went to sit down and she sighed too.

Jim walked over to Sherlock. "You are a good man Sherlock. Even if it is coming from me. But," Jim paused and looked at Jennifer through the window, "I can't let you be with my daughter. Not without my consent. And I respect that you have asked me before you take anything any further." Jim said.

Sherlock attempted to remain serious as he knew that he already took it further last night...

"Yes." Sherlock said, waiting for Jim to continue. Jim was staring at Jennifer.

"She's my daughter. I love her. I want what's beat for her and I want her to love someone that she'll be happy with. And I believe now that that person, is you. I know its weird that you and Jennifer are years apart but I understand and I accept it. There isn't a limit on age and it's not against the law so... I will let you have my daughter Sherlock." Jim said smiling alsmot. His face became suddenly serious and he glared at Sherlock. "I will warn you, that if you hurt her in anyway whatsoever, I will burn you." He said.

A look of worry and confusion appeared on Sherlock's face but Jim suddenly started laughing. Sherlock laughed awkwardly and Jim said, "Let's pray she makes it out of this operation. Yeah?" He said before sitting down.

Sherlock nodded and frowned. He was relieves that he and Jennifer could finally be together, officially. Even if it was a little weird they'd soon get used to it.

***

Sherlock had fallen asleep and when he woke there was nobody there. Not Jim, not Sam. Jennifer wasn't even in the operating room anymore. Sherlock stood up and looked at the clock. It was half past one in the morning. Sherlock frowned and walled out the room. He walked down the corridor, which was dark and empty.

"Sherlock"

He suddenly heard someone call his name and he turned around. He saw Jennifer and wondered if he was dreaming.

"Jennifer?" He said walking towards her. She walked towards him and smiled. "Jennifer are you alright?" He asked frowning at the sight of her. She look normal, the same beautiful girl he and fallen in love with.

"Yeah. I am now." She said pulling him to her. She kissed his lips softly and whispered, "I love you Sherlock Holmes."

"So your parents told you then?" He asked.

"Mmhmm." She nodded. "And I am so happy." He hugged her tightly and whispered, "I'll keep you safe. Forever. I mean it."

Jennifer nodded against his chest. "I know you will."

***

Sherlock and Jennifer waleks back to her hospital room.

Jennifer was let out a week later. She had fully recovered and there were no signs of tumour re-growth.

Sherlock and Jennifer are finally allowed to be together without any secrets. And everything was going to be okay.