19. Lies

I woke up and my head was pounding. I felt so dizzy and I slowly sat up. I looked around and Matthew was sitting on the sofa opposite smirking. "Rise and shine beautiful." He said coming to sit next to me. I flinched as he raised a hand to stoke my hair. I swallowed and shut my eyes.

"Please let me go. I won't tell anybody what's happened. Please" I said, my voice shaking.

"I'm sorry. But you're staying here for now." He said walking away from me.

"Matthew. Please." I said slowly standing up.

"No. That's final."

"Why do you want me here?"

Matthew turned and walked towards me.

"Look, I'm sorry that I've hit you and I've hurt you, but when I saw you upset that night I wanted to make you happy. I don't know. It's like I couldn't bare to see you sad. I know I only just met you but something inside me hurt when I saw you in that state. I can't control myself." He explained.

Surely that is a lie. Surely.

"Really? Somehow I don't believe you." I said stepping backwards from him.

He stepped forwards to me and said, "Well it is true."

"No it's not." I said looking down.

He lifted my chin up. "Yes it is Jennifer."

"I need to go home." I mumbled.

"No you don't." He said letting go of me.

"If you cared about me that much then you'd let me go." I said trying to reason with him.

"It's because I love you so much I can't let you go." He sighed.

"Love me? Don't be stupid, you have a girlfriend. I heard her. Who are you trying to fool here? Because you're a liar. Don't you dare try and-" he stopped me and he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him.

"Will you shut up? I'm trying to help you." He growled.

"Help me? Well thanks but I think I'm covered." I said. I tried to get away from him but he held me tightly so I couldn't move.

"No Jennifer. You're never leaving me. I want you for myself."

"You barely even know me!" I exclaimed. Who does this guy think he is? Seriously.

"Does that matter?" He said.

"Yes is does. I have a boyfriend anyway." I said lying. Perhaps he'd give up now.

"No you don't."

"I do."

He stared at me for a moment and shook his head. "You're not leaving as that's-" he stopped as the doorbell rang. He let go of me and walked to the door. He opened it and I suddenly saw Sherlock push him out of the way.

My heartbeat quickened as Sherlock turned to me and I felt myself in shock. How did he find me?

"I'll have that thank you." Sherlock said reaching into Matthews pocket and taking out my phone.

"Woah. Who the hell are you?" He asked.

"Her boyfriend." Sherlock answered. I literally felt as if I was going to have a heart attack. I swallowed and Sherlock grabbed my hand.

Matthew frowned at me and I raised an eyebrow. "I told you." Sherlock looked at me and frowned.

Matthew looked like he was going to explode. "I'm sorry but she's staying here." He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Sherlock. He gripped my arm tightly.

Sherlock was still frowning at me. "Why- what's with all the bruises?" He asked. Matthew shoved me behind him.

"That's none of your business." He said.

"Well I think it is. If you have hurt her in anyway, I swear I will not be responsible for my actions." Sherlock said.

Matthew scoffed. "He did this to me Sherlock." I said quickly.

"Shut up Jennifer." Matthew said grabbing my wrist.

"Let go of her." Sherlock said.

"She's not going anywhere." Matthew sai almost smirking.