15. Sercets and Milkshakes.

I was counting down the days for the Italy trip. My tongue had been between my clenched teeth for the past two months since Vincent told me his big secret.

And I couldn't tell Nova shit.

We were no longer partners working towards the same goal. I was working for the enemy and she would lose it if she found out.

*The night of the frat party*

"One more thing. You're coming to Italy with with me."

That's what I wanted. He already knew that I wanted to kill him and it was obvious why.

"Why do you need me there?"

However, I didn't want him to know that I wanted to go with him. Just because he knew I could've killed him today that doesn't kill my motives.

I'm not a killer. I'm not a killer.

I'm just settling the score. Yeah.

"My family knows about my trials and they want to see if I was successful. 'They' being my father," he stood to his feet and looked down at me.

I was his success. I could heal expeditiously and I couldn't even process it.

"You're not scared that I'm gonna try to kill you again?"

I stood up so he didn't tower over me but he took the chance to take my chin between his thumb and index finger.

"After what you pulled tonight, I'm going to make sure whenever you try to take my life that you will...pay for your sins," his breath fanned my lips and my cheeks felt warm thanks to nerves.

"Over there is a door. Behind it is your friend. You will tell her nothing of our future affairs if you want her to stay out of harm's way."

"Is that a threat?" I spat without thinking. That was a mistake that I was about to pay for when he picked the knife up from the floor in a flash and had me pinned to the wall. The cool blade touched my neck and make me close my eyes.

"Let me see those beautiful eyes. Pretty, pretty please."

In fear of what he was going to do next, I opened them slowly to see that his eyes weren't glossy anymore. They were the dark shade they had been when he injected me with the serum and when he gutted me.

"I've told you this once before, and I will tell you again. I never break my promises, princess."

His cold lips meet my forehead and gave it the kiss that he gave to Claire when he threatened her. The kiss of no tomorrow.

"Go and get your friend. I can't recall how long it takes for a human heart to freeze."

I wiggled from his grasp and ran over to the door he nodded to. I frantically through it open and saw Nova on her knees with her arms around her trying to keep warm. Her once bronze skin was now almost a blueish gray and I didn't wait another second to drag her out of the empty freezer. She was a ghost.

"Nova, I've got you." I rubbed my hands up and down her arms trying to generate heat on her icy skin. I'd almost forgot that I was in my sports bra since Vincent took my hoodie off.

Nova's lips were cracked and her eyes were rimmed in red. She tried to speak but her words were coming out squeaky and all I could hear her say was my name.

That sick bastard.

I glared hatefully at Vincent who slowly backed out the room but not before mouthing something that rings in my ears every minute of every day.